Livestreams

As much as I wanted to stay as far away from Yogtowers I could during Turps' Karaoke, I needed to pick up Amanda and I had the insane idea that I might be able to watch the last part of the stream with her in the control room upstairs.

        "Oh hello, come and join us," Hannah said, motioning for me to join them as I poked my head into the stream room. 

        "We're doing Sad For Good," Trott told me as I grabbed a head set and maneuvered my way over to him. I only hoped I wouldn't make too much of a fool of myself with Amanda watching.

        I knew my singing voice wasn't all that good, especially when I couldn't go back and edit it all later, so I defaulted to my deep, raspy voice for most of the singing. I had to suffer through Trott singing 'Stayin Alive', which was actually quite funny and we were able to harmonize surprisingly well. 'Kiss from a Rose' also went better than expected, but I had had enough of that.

        "Bye," I called in the same voice into the mic, setting down my head set and quickly dashed upstairs to the livestream control room.

        "Hey, happy birthday mate," I said as I entered the room, remembering that it was Si's birthday today, "Have you seen Amanda?"

        "Thanks," he said, taking off his headset and greeting me with a nod and smile. I noticed Amanda asleep on the small love seat right as he said, "Over there. She clocked out at about 7ish."

        "Sorry about that," I apologized for her, knowing she wouldn't be happy with herself for falling asleep on the job. I went to wake her, but Si jumped up and stopped me with a hand.

        "Let her rest," he urged, "She's been here almost every night working until 1 or 2 am."

        "I know," I acknowledged, "I'm the one picking her up every night..." It wasn't a hassle or anything, since I normally stayed up that late anyway, but I could tell it was taking a toll on her. Even when she got back to my flat she still would work another few hours of video editing or commissions for her freelance work. I felt bad that she was working so tirelessly when this was supposed to be her holiday, but I knew better than to confront the slight workaholic.

        "Oh, 'sup Ross?" Sparkles* greeted with a couple of water bottles in hand as he entered the room.

        "Just coming to take Amanda home, do you still need her?" I asked, planning to just take her back early tonight instead of coming back after midnight again. 

        Sparkles* handed a water bottle to Si and then set one at his own chair before taking a few steps over to look at her sleeping form. She had a curled fist under her chin, like she might be pondering something, and her legs were bent awkwardly at the end of the couch, which was too small for even her small size to spread across comfortably. They say that you're supposed to look younger when you're asleep, but the way her eyebrows were slightly furrowed and her lips forming a grimace, she only looked more stressed than when she was conscious. "No we're fine..." he said slowly, making it seem that he had something else to say.

        I bent over and placed my hand gently on her shoulder, intent on shaking her awake, but I felt a hand on my back at the same time Sparkles* said, "Ross? Can I talk to you out in the hallway?"

        I gave a quick chuckle. "For what?" I asked, wondering what can be so secret that he can't say it before Si and a sleeping Amanda. I felt my face drop though when Tom only gave me a serious look and left through the door. I looked towards Si for some support, but he was bent over a sound board, so I reluctantly followed Sparkles*.