Scotland

"Wake up you lazy bum!" Amanda giggled, jumping onto my bed and landing on her knees, jostling me awake in the process. I cracked my eyes open to see my partner's face split in a huge grin as she excitedly bounced up and down, trying to wake me up. She had on a camisole and a pair of jeans, her face flushed from just getting out of the steamy shower.

"Five more minutes," I grumbled, giving her a lazy smile and then pulling the duvet over my head to shield me from the sunlight streaming through the windows.

"Ross Hornby!" she giggled, tugging back the blanket and pulling at my arm futilely, "We only have fifteen minutes before we have to leave!"

"But I showered before bed," I wined, grabbing her hand and intertwining our fingers together, "Besides, I didn't get much sleep last night."

"It's not my fault that you couldn't keep your hands to yourself," she teased, leaning over so that her face was hovering above mine. Her hair felt in wet strands around us, the ringlets dipping water onto my face.

I shrugged and pretended to act guilty, wrapping my hands around her small waist and pulling her on top of me so that her knees rested on either side of my hips. "This is the first time you've stayed over in almost a week," I defended, "I have a really weak constitution when it comes to that." I grinned, thinking about it; I could spend hours kissing and touching her. Everything about her was beautiful, even the bones that pushed against her skin as if trying to escape. Her tattoos, having one made me uncomfortable, now only added to her overall image. Amanda had even gotten a few more since she got here, including a bee on her wrist that was my new favorite.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked, giving me a warm grin and running a hand down the side of my face and jaw.

"The beautiful girl on top of me," I mumbled contently, holding her hand with mine and kissing the palm.

"Aw, you're so sweet," she cooed, blushing, "But really Ross Hornby, we're going to be late if you don't get up." She giggled as she grabbed hold of both my wrists and tugged me into a sitting position. This only caused me to wrap my arms around her and bring her into an intimate hug, kissing her bare shoulder.

"We have a few minutes," I muttered into her skin, letting my lips wander around her neck and up to her jawline; I knew that would make her melt in my arms and silence her nagging.

"Don't tease me," she breathed, and then rolled her head back to give me better access. I could feel her hands running down my shoulders and back, her nails just barely grazing the skin to send bumps across it. I kept at it, suckling at her jaw until I felt the beginnings of moan rumbling through her throat.

Amanda suddenly jumped off of me, rolling across the duvet and taking a few steps away from the bed. "No," she said curtly, holding out her hands in front of her, "Ross Hornby? No! We're not getting started!" She tried to give me a stern look, but was quickly consumed by giggles.

"Now who's the tease?" I joked.

"Just get dressed," she grumbled, giving me a coy smile and throwing me a set of clothes I had set out the night before because I knew this would probably happen. Right as she was leaving the room she gave a quick, "I'll make us some tea," before disappearing.

I rubbed the short hairs on the back of my head as I leaned back on my other arm, looking towards the place Amanda had just left. I couldn't stop smiling as I thought about everything we had been through, and how much our relationship had progressed especially during the holidays. I had a feeling this would be a good trip, and if my plans went accordingly, our relationship should only get better from it.

———————————-

"Do you have whiskey?" Smith asked the flight attendant as she went around offering us all drinks.