Beholding Trust: Part 1

"Sometimes words are not enough to express feelings"

Shahyan looked at his wife she was engrossed in her work, she was a perfect wife he could have asked, her day start with him, his work and ends with him but still he feel that she was not happy. He never saw her smiling without any reason. Her eyes always lacks the mirth that should be present in a newly wed. He didn't know why she was like this. It's been three months since they are married and there hadn't been a day when he had seen those worry lines disappearing from her face.

Theirs was a marriage of convenience. His family wanted him to get settled and he knowing that he needed a hier for the family. He never felt the need to have someone in his life until his daadijaan insisted that he should get married again. Shahyan only had his daadijaan and for his daadijaan he agreed to get married.

It was his second marriage , his wife Fariya had died shortly after their marriage four years back, she was diagnosed with brain tumor and both of them had everything except time. Time was something that they didn't had. Fariya was a friend of his and their marriage was more on the basis of commitment , the friendship they shared. Shahyan was broken after her death but he gathered himself for his daadijaan and Fariya's parents. After Fariya, Shahyan took their responsibility. It was their choice to get him married again and he did.

He married Asbah, she was the daughter of the family friend of Fariya's parents and she was a widow, that's all he knew.

Looking at her retreating figure, Shahyan knew that he had to ask her, he didn't wanted but marriage is a commitment and her happiness matters to him. He was having certain doubts regarding her and he wanted to ask her.

******