255 9 6

CHAPTER
THREE
_______________

JANE, NO MATTER HOW YOUNG, USED TO FALL IN LOVE TOO EASILY. But what is love, really? She experienced familial love by her parents. Although, more from her mother than her father, she was still happy. However, ever since they've gone through different paths, her heart doesn't seem to recall what being loved and loving is. As a child, she'd have small crushes on people she just met here and there, but it doesn't go further than that. No matter what gender, she doesn't really care either. If she likes them, then she likes them.

But the child, once full of love is now gone. She was buried deep inside the broken soul and bodice of a vengeful teenager. It is not because she wanted to-she needed to. That little girl needed to grow up.

But no matter how hard she tried or how much she denies it, it is not a secret to herself that her heart gets attached too easily. Her mind, however, is not as easily convinced like her heart. So, she listens more to what she thinks than what she feels.

Thomas has been pretty helpful for the past weeks for her. She has been gaining more control of her power. Although, not fully, she was getting there, step by step.

She used to have a dilemma if he was smart or stupid, but she just concluded that he can be a bit of both. She observed that he thinks brilliantly, but he acts reckless, therefore being stupid.

Jane has been doing great in her training, thus giving her more rewards. And by rewards, meaning food. The people who used to bully her have been silent lately. She deduced that the Chancellor has given them a talk. Also, she hasn't seen the rat for a while, it made her realize that she hasn't been in a good mood for a long time.

Jane still hates that she has to wear the device around her neck. It was made by Thomas' friend, Ada. The brown haired girl apologized for it because she had no idea what they were for. The crimson eyed girl chose to let it go because she was pretty. Yes, she thinks she's hot. Hence why it's too bad she heard the girl was taken.

She has been getting better for a while, until. . .

"Who the hell are you?"
She stared at the petite girl in front of her. She was practicing her abilities with Thomas in their training room until someone entered the area. The unfamiliar person has blue eyes and dark hair. She seemed normal but she really wasn't.

"Nova. . . who are you?"

Jane raised her brow and lied through her teeth, "Wednesday Adams, nice to meet you." she flashed her feigned smile.

"Jane." Thomas gave her a stern look like an older brother.

"Whatever." the crimson eyed girl only shrugged.

"What are you doing here, Nova, aren't you supposed to be with Janson?"

What's her deal with the rat? Jane thought.

"Yeah. . I was looking for him."

"Well, clearly, he's not here." said Jane.

"We're kind of busy here, Nova." Thomas gave her a pleading look before the girl nodded and sauntered out.

"So, who really is she?" Jane questioned immediately after the mysterious girl disappeared, genuinely curious about her.