. . . .

CHAPTER
FOUR
______________

IT WAS NO SECRET THAT JANSON TREATS NOVA LIKE HIS OWN DAUGHTER, and his hatred for the other mutant was not hidden as well. It was not a surprise when he went ballistic because he found out Nova had befriended the girl. The man immediately sauntered to the teenager's room, his fury reflected on his face that made Nova's smile falter. "I told you to use your ability to her, NOT befriend her, damnit." the dark haired girl sighed as she remained unfazed by Janson's booming angry voice. She snapped her head up to her father-figure and said, "I don't get why I shouldn't. . She's the only one who can truly understand me because we're the same. I trust her."

"But does she feel the same to you, huh? Does she trust you?" 

"Like she doesn't trust you?" she snapped, "Because you've been lying this whole time. And not just her, but to me too. You said I was the only mutant here. I appreciate that you took care of me and treated me normally, but I still felt like an outcast. I felt so alone."  she expanded.

"And imagine what she felt like. . She wasn't just alone, you and many others tortured her!" she finished. She looked at him with her glossy eyes like he was some stranger. He was unrecognizable to her. And she realized how cruel he really was after Jane told her what they did to her. Could she really trust him? Could she also trust the Chancellor? From the words she heard from her new friend, they were wicked.

"The Chancellor was right. . you are weak. This is why you can't use your ability to her, because you are too fragile." 

"I was a child. I can't be her because it'll kill me. She's too powerful. I can't handle her power."  

"But you're not a child now, aren't you?" said he before he walked away. 

Nova was left in her bedroom to ponder and make a choice. Should she really trust Jane or not? Should she really try using her powers to her new friend? 

Is she even on the right side?

What about the unusual feeling she felt towards her earlier?

◢◤◇◥◣◥◤◢◤◆◥◣◥◤◢◤◇◥◣

EARLIER. . .

Jane could see that the girl in front of her was genuinely interested with her. Intrigued perhaps. How could she be trained by Janson when she seems too innocent? Maybe it was just a facade to trick me. She thought. 

"Do you want to see my room?" the ebony haired girl suddenly asked after she told her own story. Jane was the first one to tell, and she received one of the looks she hated most.  Pity. Fortunately, she regained her composure because she doesn't want to snap and scare the girl. 

It's not because she really want a friend, Jane thinks she just seem useful to her. 

"And do what exactly?" Jane stated as she decided to be playful and flirtatious to mess with her and entertain herself. Nova couldn't hide her blushing cheeks and looked away in reticence.

"Don't be shy, I'm just messing with you." said Jane as she leaned back and crossed her legs. The other teenage girl across her cleared her throat before her blue eyes bravely looked back at Jane's red ones. 

"Or we could. . just go somewhere else?-"

"I'd actually prefer the first one." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, I think it could be fun. I could just look around, you know?"

"Okay." Nova released an awkward laugh as she tucked her hair behind her ear. 

Jane decided to do the first move and stood up from the bed. She stretched out her hand for the ebony haired girl as she said, "Let's go. You know the way, so you're the guide." Nova shyly held Jane's hand with her covered ones. The corner of Jane's lips twitched upward into a smirk.  Nova already told her what she can do, and Jane realized how important the dark haired girl really was to WICKED.  As they strolled out of the medical wing, Nova continued to talk about random things and Jane would answer to some of them. Mostly she just tuned out, but she observed that Nova was actually really happy with her presence. Jane wished she could wholly feel the same. But no. Not right now.  

She isn't allowed to be attached. She couldn't allow herself.

◢◤◇◥◣◥◤◢◤◆◥◣◥◤◢◤◇◥◣

AFTER THREE HOURS OF THE TWO SPENDING TIME TOGETHER, Jane wasn't oblivious of the fact that she piqued the other girl's interest a lot to the point that she has the hots for her already. To say that Jane was surprised was an understatement, but she kept quiet about it. "Your turn." Nova offered to play truth or dare with her to experience normalcy for once. They played the game rock, paper, scissors, and who ever loses gets to pick between truth or dare. This time, the red eyed girl lost. "Dare."

"You always pick dare."

"Dares are more fun." 

"I'm getting out of dares."

"C'mon this is the last one, and then we'll play another game." 

"Okay. ." Nova contemplated, but the only dare she could think of was one thing since they started the game. Is it bad that she could already think of that with just meeting her? She thought.

"Just say the first thing you think of-"

"I dare you. . to kiss me." Nova cut her off and immediately panicked, too nervous to see the other girl's reaction. However, Jane just shrugged with a smirk visible on her face, "Alright."

It all happened too fast and too slow for Nova. One moment their lips were inches apart and then the next, they collided. Jane's chapped lips were suddenly against Nova's plump ones. Nova was frozen, while Jane was the one to close the gap between them. It was fast, then it became slow. It was like the time stopped and Nova relished every moment of that kiss. Nova didn't expect her first kiss to be this passionate. Neither is the fact that her first crush will be her first kiss. Yes, she was interested in her when she first saw her with Thomas. And when she found out that she was a mutant as well, she decided to get to know her. But she didn't expect to develop this type of feelings really fast. 

This was also Jane's first kiss, but to her, it was nothing but a dare. She would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy at least a second of it. Even if inexperienced, she was the one guiding the other. It made the dark haired girl think she was a natural. 

The one that closed the gap was the first one to pull away as well. Both looked at each other with flushed cheeks. Although, one of them was evidently shy, the other cinfidently licked her chapped lips.

"Well, that was fun. Isn't it?"

"Y-yeah. ." Nova was speechless to even think of a word.

"Let's play a different game some time. I'll be the one to pick. I'll be back in my room." 

Nova just blinked and nodded at the girl in front of her as she watched her march out of her bedroom. The dark haired girl stood up from the ground and sat on her bed. The smile that was plastered on her face after Jane left stayed for a while.

Jane walked out of the room and on the way, she encountered a pissed off rat-face. He glared at her while she just smirked and walked away. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE
I feel like my writing has been getting worse lol
Anyways, ik that that was too fast but umm it's the point of their whole relationship,,, you'll get it more in the future chapters,,,
and also, dw the scorch trials storyline is going to start soon, so yeahh

Also proud to say that Jane is pan 💗💛💙and Nova is bi 💗💜💙