. .

CHAPTER
TWO
_________________

AVA PAIGE KEPT HER WORD. Jane was sent to the infirmary but in a distance, she noticed a pair of guards. They didn't let their sight off of her. Jane knew they wouldn't trust her wholly until she actually shows her loyalty. Of course she would do her best to obey like a good little girl would, but nothing can ever stop her tongue and keep her mouth shut.

They gave her food to consume. Lots of food and water. After that, she was back in her cage once again, but she didn't expect a visitor. Visitors, apparently.

"Ms. Bertrand meet Thomas. Thomas, meet Ms. Bertrand. She will be your project at the same time your student. She is Experiment Zero." Ava Paige introduced a teenage boy that seemed to be around her age.

He had sandy brown hair and eyes that studied the bruised girl up and down. The bruises were already starting to heal, but they were still evident.

Jane looked down as it was the first time in years she had an interaction with a boy. The last time she talked to a boy didn't even end well, but the douche bag having a nosebleed brought satisfaction to herself.

She finally snapped her head up as her crimson red eyes met his brown ones.

His eyes grew wide when he noticed the unusual colour of hers.
She felt like she was being scrutinized and it made her feel self concious, but she still kept her tough exterior and held her intimidating gaze.

She didn't see repulsion in his features like many others did when they look at her. What she saw was confusion..... and pity. She tried to resist the urge to scoff and roll her eyes but with the blonde woman's statement, she couldn't.

"Yeah. A fucking lab rat. That's me." She deadpanned. Her face was blank while she pointed her thumbs at herself. "And can you please stop the formalities. We're way passed that after everything you did to me. And it makes me feel fucking old."

The blonde woman sent a stern look to the petite girl and cleared her throat, "Jane-"

"I... I don't understand." Thomas intervened and spoke up as he turned to the blonde woman beside him. "You said this project was an experiment. A weapon. This.... She is a person. What- What happened to her? Did you do this?"

The file Thomas read didn't identify if Project Ravage was a thing or a person. Everything that was written there were only abilities and strengths and weaknesses. It made him suspicious and confused to the point that he wasn't confident that he could do the project successfully. He thought Ada, a friend of his, could do a better job in this. So, he asked the Doctor and her only reply was that it was better to show him.

He actually thought that WICKED couldn't go any worse, but he was wrong all along.

"Calm, Thomas." Ava placed a hand on his shoulder, but her endeavor to calm him failed as he shrugged her off.

"Calm down?"

She heaved a sigh as she expands, "She was unstoppable and she needed to be put under control. We made a deal. She pledged her loyalty to us and she needs our help to teach her. You read the file, correct? That is why she needs a teacher. She needs someone like you. You know how dangerous she is."

Thomas' gaze flickered back to the red eyed girl as she opened her mouth once again.

"Yeah, Tom-Tom. You know how dangerous I am." The red eyed girl sent the frantic boy a smirk.

"Jane." Ava sent a warning look to the girl while Jane just raised her arms in surrender.

"Yeah.. She looks so dangerous to me." Thomas stated, a sarcastic tone laced on his voice as he eyed her bruises.