S01E02 - The first cut is the deepest

Meredith: "It's all about lines. The finish line at the end of residency. Waiting in line for a chance at the operating table. And then there's the most important line, the line seperating you from the people you work with. It doesn't help to get too familiar. To make friends. You need boundaries between you and the rest of the world. Other people are far too messy. It's all about lines. Drawing lines in the sand and praying like hell no one crosses them." 

________________________

Meredith: "Dr. Bailey, I was hoping to assist you in the OR today. Maybe do a minor procedure. I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?"
Cristina: "If she gets to cut, I wanna cut too."
Izzie: "Yeah, me too."
George: "I wouldn't mind another shot. I mean if everybody else is."
Dr. Bailey: "Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery. That's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whiny. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the pit doing the sutures. No one holds a scalpel till I'm so happy I'm Mary - freakin' - Poppins."
Cristina: "Mocha latte, my ass."
Dr. Bailey: "Why you all standing there, MOVE!"

Meredith: "I'm not going out with you." 
Derek: "Did I ask you to go out with me? Do you want to go out with me?"
Meredith: "I'm not dating you and I'm definitely not sleeping with you again. You're my boss."
Derek: "I'm your boss's boss."
Meredith: "You're my teacher. And my teacher's teacher. And you're my teacher."
Derek: "I'm your sister. I'm your daughter."
Meredith: "You're sexually harassing me."
Derek: "I'm riding an elevator." 
Meredith: "Look, I'm drawing a line. The line is drawn. There's a big line."
Derek: "So, this line, is it imaginary or do I need to get you a marker?"

George: "Do you know what the code team does? Saves lives. I shock a heart and someone lives to see another day. That's upbeat. It's uh... glass half full."
Cristina: "Bambi don't say another word till after the hunter shoots your mother."
George: "I don't like you."

Alex: "Alex Karev, nice to meet you."
Cristina: "You're the pig who called Meredith a nurse. Yeah, I hate you on principle."
Alex: "And you're the pushy, overbearing kiss-ass. I, uh, I hate you too."
Cristina: "Oh, should be fun then."

George talks gibberish to babies.
Meredith: "You're such a woman!"

Cristina: "You got a good case?"
Izzie: "No, her. She won't let me sew her up. I wouldn't have called you but I can't get the translator. Can you just ask her what's wrong?"
Cristina: "No."
Izzie: "Why not?"
Cristina: "Because I grew up in Beverly Hills. The only Chinese I know is from a Mr. Chow's menu. Besides, I'm Korean."

Cristina: "What are you doing down here?"
Meredith: "Just sitting here with my penis. What about you?"
Cristina: "Hiding from Alex."
Meredith: "I kissed Derek."
Cristina: "You kissed Derek?"
Meredith: "In the elevator."
Cristina: "You kissed him in the elevator?"
Meredith: "I was having a bad day. I am having a bad day."
Cristina: "So what you do on your bad days, make out with Dr. McDreamy?"
Meredith: "Well, you know that, and carrying around a penis just makes everything seem so shiny and happy."

Alex: "My head hurts."
Cristina: "Maybe it's a tumor."
Alex: "You wish I had a tumor."
Cristina: "Look, I'd rip your face off, if it meant I got to scrub in."

George: "Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?"
(Cristina, Meredith and Izzie raising their hands.)

Dr. Burke: "Do you think I'm too confident?"
Dr. Bailey: "No."
Dr. Burke: "Don't lie."
Dr. Bailey: "You are my boss."
Dr. Burke: "Alright then, everything you say in the next 30 seconds is free, starting now."
Dr. Bailey: "I think you're cocky, arrogant, bossy and pushy. You also have a God complex. You never think about anybody but your damn self."
Dr. Burke: "But..."
Dr. Bailey: "But what, I still have 22 more seconds, I'm not done."

Cristina: "I need a drink, a man or a massage. Or a drunken massage by a man. What's wrong with you?"
George: "Lost five patients on the code team today. I feel like the angel of death." 
Cristina: "George, 95% of all code patients can't be revived. Most of them are seriously dead before you even get there."
George: "What? Why didn't you tell me that when I was going on and on about how great it was going to be?" 
Cristina: "Because you're George and I'm Cristina."

Intern: "I really did think I was right, you know?"
Meredith: "I know. We almost never are. We're interns. We're not supposed to be right. And when we are, it's completely shocking."
Intern: "Are you... I mean being an intern, do you feel..."
Meredith: "Terrified. 100% of the time."
Intern: "Good, it's not just me."
Meredith: "No."

Derek: "So we're kissing, but we're not dating?"
Meredith: "I knew that was going to come up."
Derek: "Don't get me wrong. I like the kissing. I'm all for the kissing. More kissing, I say."

Meredith: "I'm so taking the stairs this time."
Derek: "No self control. It's sad. Really."

_______________________

 Meredith: "At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So you can waste your life drawing lines or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross. Here's what I know. If you're willing to take the chance, the view from the other side is spectacular."