S01E05 - Shake your groove thing

Meredith: "Remember when you were a kid, and your biggest worry, was like, if you'd get a bike for your birthday or if you'd get to eat cookies breakfast? Being an adult, totally overrated. I mean, seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and the great sex and the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. Adulthood is responsibility. Responsibility, it really does suck. Really, really sucks. Adults have to be places and do things and earn a living and pay the rent. And if you're training to be a surgeon, holding a human heart in your hands... Hello! Talk about responsibility! Kind of makes bikes and cookies look really, really good, doesn't it? The scariest part about responsibility? When you screw up and let it slip right through your fingers."

__________________________

Cristina: "A towel?"
Dr. Webber: "Not good."
George: "She claimed of pressure on her chest. Nobody took her seriously."
Dr. Webber: "Not good for the patient, not good for the hospital. Not good!"
Dr. Bailey: "Cristina, hit the files. Find out everything you can about that initial operation. Who was in that room? Who was responsible for closing? George, you stay with the patient. Keep her happy. She seems to like you." 
George: "Right, ok um... how long do you think...? I mean, just technically, I'm off at 6:00."
Dr. Bailey: "Am I invited?"
George: "Excuse me?"
Dr. Bailey: "Am I invited to the party?"
George: "Oh. Well, yeah! Yes, yeah, of course."
(Bailey walking away. Cristina looking at him in disbelieve)
George: "What was I supposed to say?"
Cristina: "Ugh!"

Cristina finding the file.
Cristina: "So, what happens now?"
Dr. Bailey: "Now you keep this to yourself while we work it out. Do this for me."

Derek: "You OK?"
Meredith: "Yeah, yeah, I'm good."
Derek: "Are you sure? 'Cause you seem not OK."
Meredith: "I'm fine. CABG was long."
Derek: "Well, let me take you out to dinner tonight. You can tell me all about it. Real food, waiters, big chunks of carbs in a basket."
Meredith: "I can't."
Derek: "Forget about the party."
Meredith: "You know about the party?"
Derek: "Your friends will be at the party. You and I can be alone somewhere else."
Meredith: "How do you know about the party?"
Derek: "Thanks for not inviting me, by the way, that felt good. Dinner, think about dinner. Perfect opportunity."

Izzie: "Hank just needs to realise that doctors can have fun! We're not all workaholics with God complexes."
Cristina: "We are workaholics with God complexes!"

Derek: "I'm talking about the heart thing. Do you want to talk about it?"
Meredith: "We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?"

Jerry: "You don't like me very much, do you?"
Alex: "Oh Jerry, it's not you specifically. It's just people like you, that's all."

Meredith: "Where is Izzie?!"
George: "She didn't clear it with you?"
Meredith: "This was supposed to be a Meet-the-boyfriend-get-together little thing!"
George: "Izzie has a lot of friends!"
Meredith: "Izzie doesn't know this many people!"
George: "I told her to clear it with you!"
Meredith: "I can't handle this."
George: "You want me to kick everyone out? I'm gonna kick everyone out!"
Cristina: "Baby, you made it! Whoooo!"
Meredith: "Screw it. Hold this. And give me this. I made it!"

Meredith: "Why do we want to be surgeons anyway?"
George: "Surgery is a very serious business. Full house."
Cristina: "Royal Flush! Get naked, baby boy!"
Meredith: "Surgery is stupid."
Cristina: "You're so sexy."
Meredith: "It's stupid."
Cristina: "Give me that, you're drunk."
Meredith: "I'm not driving. I'm not on-call. I'm in my own house. My life is crap. And it's my party and I'll get drunk if I want to."

Hank: "Izzie said she was gonna be at home. She didn't say there was gonna be a party."
Meredith: "Which pisses both of us off. Would you like some tequila? It helps."
Hank: "When do you think she's gonna get here?"
Meredith: "Don't know. Look, we're low on ice, Hank."
Hank: "I'm serious."
Meredith: "So am I. We're interns, Hank. The hospital owns us. It's what we do."
George: "Bye."
Meredith: "Nice to meet ya."

Woman: "Dr. Grey made a huge error here."
Dr. Burke: "And she reported it."
Woman: "Too late. And in front of the patient's husband."
Dr. Burke: "But she reported it. She spoke up. Five years ago, as a CT fellow, I had a nagging feeling that I didn't check the body cavity of a lung patient closely enough before I closed. The patient seemed fine post-op and I was in a hurry. And yesterday you and Dr. Bailey pulled a towel out from under that patient's lung. Why didn't I report it at an appropriate time? Maybe because I was afraid that I would be called into a meeting where some hospital lawyer's fear of liability could end my career. Even great doctors make mistakes, and when we do, we've got to have a chance to be able to speak up without fear of retribution. Or everyone suffers. Dr. Grey spoke up."

Dr. Bailey: "Don't you all have something better to do? Come on, people, move!"
Dr. Bailey to Cristina: "He was always gonna tell them about the towel. Just wanted to wait for the right time. Information is power."

____________________________

Meredith: "Responsibility: it really does suck. Unfortunately once you get past the age of braces and training bras, responsibility doesn't go away. It can't be avoided. Either someone makes us face it, or we suffer the consequences. And still, adulthood has its perks. I mean, the shoes, the sex, the no parents anywhere telling you what to do; that's pretty damn good."