Chapter 15: Realization

Hiyoris POV

After a few random activities, everyone said their goodbyes and left. To unwind mother and I ended up taking a walk in the garden, and exploring the many rooms in the house while mother told me about her younger years in London.

I was currently in the library on the second level. I was sitting at a small table by the corner near the back. It was quiet and dark with a single light above me.

I had a cart beside me with tea and sweets. Charles suggested he leave a butler posted beside it to pour me more tea if I wanted, but I assured him I could do it myself if I wanted more.

Sometimes I like doing things by myself as I used to...I mean just because I have a rich adoptive family doesn't mean I can't be the plain simple me I used to be.

Although my adoptive father insisted on etiquette training for my brother and me, he never wanted to push us into doing things we didn't want to do, which I respected him for.

With a smile, I drank some tea and closed my book. It was a fairly quick read which I enjoyed. I was back in the same dress. It had kind of grown on me.

At the moment, I was sitting contently just reading over my favorite book. I closed it and set it down taking a sip of my coffee then glanced at the chair across from me.

"You know, when I have my mind-reading abilities off, things like that tend to spook me," I said giggling as I looked at Saiki who was sitting in the chair in front of me now.

"Me too, however, I'm trying to get used to it." He said as he looked around the library with his eyes.

"Tea?" I asked as I motioned to the cart. He nodded and I poured him some and offered it before him.

He thanked me and picked it up. "I also have sweets," I said lifting my finger as the bottom tray of the cart removed itself and floated over.

I set some of the plants before him and I then returned the tray. "Some of these are from the baker, but others are Charles's secret recipes," I said as I took up my cup.

"So what's the purpose of your visit if you don't mind me asking?" I questions as I glanced out the window seeing the garden.

"My question...." He started then stopped. "I wanted to ask you about the guy if it's not too much." He said softly.

I froze then looked back at him my hair covering my eyes a bit. "You want to know about Jin?" I asked as I set my cup down.

He nodded and took a sip of his tea. "He's a demon..." I said as closed my eyes then opened them revealing a white glow that was intense and filled the air with pressure.

He sensed it and looked on edge but stayed calm. I then took a deep breath and exhaled a white smoke that circled us and created a barrier around the table.

I then projected the past using the white smoke. I showed him glimpses of my memories and he watched.

I told him the things I told Aren, then when it came to my captivity I told him about Jin's abilities. "His chains and suppressive powers caused even me, a strong psychic to bend to my knees," I said feeling my blood boil, but deep down I was afraid, I knew if he found me, maybe he'll hurt my brother or make sure no one ever comes between us.

I was afraid of my current family, and the fear of not being able to keep them safe. I then projected images of Jin, but they were blurred and dark.

"I'm sorry, I can't remember what he looks like. Or rather my mind refuses to let me remember." I said shaking as I held my head feeling myself pull at my hair.

My eyes calmed and weren't glowing anymore and the smoke dispersed. I took a couple of deep breaths then look to the side at the garden.

"I'm sorry...anyways. That encounter I had the previous day was Jin's father's henchmen who do his dirty work...." I said picking up my cup and lifting it only for it to shake.

I set it down and held my hand as I couldn't stop. "I'm sorry...." I said looking down and closing my eyes, as I took some breaths. Why is this happening? My emotions shouldn't be this out of control anymore, they should be calmer. Breathe...Breathe, breathe!!!

Calm down, focus on breathing, my voice, and nothing else...

I opened my eyes lightly then looked forward to seeing Saiki. He was speaking to me softly, not invading my head to see my thoughts but enough for me to hear the echo of his voice.

"Please excuse me, I believe my questions have bothered you enough," Saiki said standing and stepping away from the table ready to teleport away.

I found myself standing up abruptly and shooting forward to him. I hugged his chest tightly not wanting him to go. "Please...don't go.." I said finding comfort in his touch and presence. He didn't say anything and just slowly hugged me.

I must say, I feel silly doing this, but even psychics have feelings, and they get scared, and If I had the courage I would just go kill Jin, but I'm scared.

I then heard a song. I glanced seeing the stereo in the room turning itself on. "You seem calmer when dancing, do you want to continue from earlier?" I heard Saiki say to me as he let me go from the embrace and looked down at me.

I looked up and found myself blushing and uncertain, but he quickly guided my hands and assured me with a simple smile. It was odd considering I hardly ever see him smile, but this made me smile as well.

"I'm sorry, I must look rough right now.." I said as we began to slowly dance around the room. I averted my eyes feeling ashamed for bothering him enough for him to dance with me to make me feel better.

"Eyes on your partner." He said as he swiftly spun me and pulled me close to him. Time stopped for a second as he dipped me lightly and my dress danced around me. I found him and I look at him seeing something else.

I wish we could always be like this. I blushed as he stood straight again and spun me away holding me by a single hand. I felt cold out of his touch. Then he brought me in again and lifted me lightly into the air.

I giggled at this and after some more dancing, we found ourselves flying off the ground a bit. It was magical and the song ended with him dipping me and me grinning from how much fun we were having.

He didn't lift me so I looked up at him and saw him deep in thought. I decided to dig and looked through his thoughts but in a way, he would never notice.

I consider love entirely pointless, so most romantic feelings don't make sense to me.....

I got out of his head and stood strait myself. "I'm sorry I kept you longer than you wanted, especially when you wanted to teleport earlier. Feel free to leave now." I said straightforwardly as I stepped away and let him go.

I then teleported across the world now standing in Big Ben watching the city, feeling stupid for thinking anything could happen between us...