Chapter 14: Saikis actions and Adoption

Hiyoris POV

After mother dragged me upstairs I stood in her closet with her looking for something. She then handed me a simple white dress.

I smiled knowing it would make her happy and nodded. She exited the closet and I began to undress.

It was a white almost silk dress that had long puffy sleeves, it was tight around my waist and chest keeping my figure but being loose and flowing at the bottom.

There was some different material on the inside that stopped mid-thigh so the white silk was slightly transparent and my legs could be slightly seen. It had a couple of layers so it was a bit full but enough to be comfortable and casual. It felt like a dress that you had to no matter what, run through a castle so it flows elegantly.

I walked out without shoes and smiled at mother. She covered her mouth then ran at me. I received a hug and she almost spun me around.

We walked out of her room holding hands and were greeted by the boys who had been fitted into suits. "As requested Mistress," Charles said as he bowed.

I smiled as I held the front of my dress and rushed over to them. They all blushed at me, even Saiki showed emotion. "Oh my!! You four look amazing!!" I shouted. I then noticed Nendou fixing his tie.

I walked over and he bent over as I adjusted it to be looser as to not be uncomfortable. I felt a small glare but ignored it. "There," I said as I took a step back and admired the boys.

Mother took us back downstairs and we arrived at the dinner table. Mother sat down in front of her with Aren beside her.

Saiki took the chair beside me with Nendō next to him and Kaidou beside Aren. The head of the table was left alone because my father sits there. It would be rude for anyone to try.

Everyone was delighted and seemed to enjoy the food. "Other than dancing what's do you do for fun?" Aren asked when our plates were taken away and dessert was brought out.

"We have horses, so we ride them in the back of the property. We read, chat, chess, or just go out. I guess it depends on the day." I answered with a smile and blush when coffee jelly was put in front of me. They brought various deserts but I got this one.

The staff left and we began to consume our deserts. I stopped before I touched it and glanced at Saiki.

I offered my Coffee Jelly because he got a normal strawberry shortcake. Which is still good, but he much preferred the jelly. I grabbed some on a fork and held it out for him.

He looked blissful when he took it from my fork. "It's Charles's secret recipe. The best I have ever had." I said as I giggled seeing Saiki almost explode.

"You flatter me, young master." Charles walked over and gave me another one. I thanked him and I and Saiki ate happily. When we all finished, we walked back to the library and chatted.

"Please excuse me for a bit," I said as I stood by the door while everyone went inside. I then politely left to my room.

I locked my door and walked to my vanity. I then removed my collar and looked at it. It was getting a bit hot when we were walking back which is odd.

I inspected it but found nothing wrong. I then used X-ray vision but nothing was wrong. I then felt my ring come off. It was almost slid and thrown off me. The ring went over my head and made me follow it. When I turned I saw Saiki catch the ring.

"I hope you don't mind. I made your collar slightly warmer to drag you away from the crowd." He said. I glanced to the side then turned back around.

I fixed the temperature and put my collar back on. "You broke through my ring earlier," I said as I sat down at my vanity beside me. "You're a pretty powerful psychic," I said as I fiddled with my fingers.

He didn't answer and instead walked over and stood behind me. "About earlier.." I said as looked down at my hands clenching my dress.

"I already saw everything. From your past...however, I won't pry if it makes you uncomfortable. That's the last thing I would want." He said.

I looked up at him when I felt something. Saiki was touching my hair. He then went over and grabbed a brush. "May I?" he asked.

I nodded and looked forward. "I noticed you told Aren," he said brushing through my hair. "I felt comfortable doing so considering he witness some events regarding my situation," I said as I opened those thoughts and felt him see them.

"I see...You must have been out of my range." He said as he set the brush down and began to braid a part of my hair. He then did the other and joined them together at the back. He finished and I swear I saw a small smile.

"I'm sorry you felt left out.." I said understandingly. "And I'm sorry I emotionally caused you to explode and pass out. My actions caused you to have thoughts that may have been out of your control." He said looking to the side.

"It's ok, I understand. Plus I was the one who frustrated you by blocking so much." I said blushing while glancing to the side. "Well, we should be getting back. I'm sure they will notice your absence as well." I said standing.

"You're right." He said turning and heading to the door. "May I ask you a question?" He said stopping before opening it. I turned and looked at his back.

"..Never mind.." he said opening the door and leaving. I stood there for a second then sighed. "You're free to ask me anything you want," I said out loud sure he heard me.

I then turned and glanced back at myself. Then I turned and walked to the door. I went down to where the guys were and my mother and entered.

I noticed they were looking at something in a book. The guys then looked up at me all blushing. Even Saiki was blushing a bit. I was confused and walked behind the couch they sat at.

I looked at the book and saw a picture of our first day in this house. My hair was long to my butt and was braided in two. "Oh, that old thing," I said smiling and looking at mother.

"The gentleman asked questions regarding a portrait of the family. Especially your hair color." She said setting the book on her lap. Her eyes almost asked me if I was ok with telling them I was adopted.

"Feel free to tell them," I said happily taking a set across from them. She nodded and began to tell them about my adoption. She left out my past and what happened to my brother and me.

They seemed interested and she began to tell them about our family and talents. Interests and such, and for a second I felt like I had more room for people in my life.

Not just me and Eros with our ordinary heartless emotions, I felt genuinely happy. My real emotions shining through.