Main Trio (Introduction to Characters)

Max Caulfield:

Photographer, Time Travlerer, New Girl

Max is geeky, quite introverted and slightly self-conscious, particularly when it comes to her photography. According to herself, she rather likes to observe the world around her than actually participate in it; that's why several students including, Juliet Watson, think she wouldn't really care for others. But on the contrary, she makes a genuine effort to show kindness to all of Blackwell's students. She's a clear, deductive thinker, smart and sneaky, while also practical, reasonable and mature, in some aspects, for her age, especially compared to her best friend, Chloe. She is also brave, placing herself in harm's way to protect those she cares about.

She has great affection and interest in photography, always taking pictures of her surroundings, since she considers it a way to be part of the world at a safe distance and aspires to make it into a career one day. She especially has an affinity for old analog cameras and instant camera selfies. She also seems to like obscure cult movies and anime, much like her friend Warren Graham. She has always dreamed of traveling and exploring the world, as well as going on "adventures" together with her childhood friend Chloe and later on, Chloe's cousin, Y/N.

She is able to rewind time to a certain degree.

Chloe:

Rebel, Best Friend, Cousin

Chloe is a stubborn, mischievous, and rebellious young woman. She is the archetypal punk-rocker, expressed in both her music taste and style. She loves to get high, drink beer, and can be described as bold and outgoing. She has a big mouth often making snarky comments, acts fearless and loves to take risks, which often gets her in trouble. She can be prone to angry outbursts, and has serious issues with abandonment and trust after her father's death, Max's move to Seattle, and the disappearance of Rachel Amber. Due to all her bad experiences over the years, she has become pessimistic and resentful of life, convinced that there wasn't really anyone who actually cared about her or who she could trust in other than her cousin.

She sometimes is very insensitive to other people's feelings, and may act selfish and possessive, always wanting her loved ones' attention for herself and getting jealous and resentful if they don't spare their time for her or don't act her way. She can also be very irrational and irresponsible.

Nonetheless, Max and Y/N are aware of Chloe's flaws but still cherishes her highly and considers her a "good friend who shows up when you need her". Chloe also is a very protective, devoted and faithful companion, though she tends to get too attached and obsessive. She is pretty straightforward with her (romantic) feelings for other people, and also very flirtatious and teasing. Despite her rough outward appearance, Chloe is actually a very insecure and anxious person, and her tough acting may be nothing more than a facade she built up to protect herself from further harm.

Y/N:

Artist, Bass Player, The Invisible Boy

Y/N is a quiet, observant, and artistic young man. He is very kind to most people he meets which allows him to blend into any crowd with ease. While not much is know about him prior to him joining Blackwell, he has managed to impress everyone with his artistic skill and bass playing in his band, Sweet Tooth (which he has tattooed on the inside of his left arm). He has various small tattoos scattered around his arm given to him by his best friend, Rachel Amber, and spends most of his time skating around with Justin and TJ, playing bass in his room, or conversing with the various students at Blackwell. Though, he has referred to school as a waste of time and does not actually care rather or not he gets suspended. He claims he has no future.

Unlike his cousin, Y/N takes people's feelings into consideration when speaking to them. Due to his promise prior to Blackwell, he tries his hardest to be kind to others, unless pushed too far. He is also adventurous thanks to his cousin.

Regarding his past, no one but a handful of people know why he moved to Arcadia Bay. The only people who do know by the start of the story are his aunt Joyce, David, Chloe, and Rachel Amber. After his sophomore year at Blackwell Academy, he was given an Art Scholarship by a third party, allowing him to move into the dormitories and be free from the Prescott's influence. He does not care much for Arcadia Bay, but unlike his cousin, he does not hate it entirely.

He is able to to turn "invisble" to some degree.