Episode 3: Chaos Theory #4

You felt a gentle breeze pass over your body which made you shiver slightly. You groaned a bit as you opened your eyes to the morning light shining through Chloe's open window, only blocked by the flag she used as a curtain.

You mumbled to yourself as you look down to find Max still sleeping in your arms. She seemed so peaceful. So at ease.

Good. She deserved it after the week she's had.

Hell, all of you.

You felt Max move and you slowly moved your arms so that she could do so freely. She opened her eyes and looked up at you. You both laid there for a moment before Max suddenly had an idea.

Max: Hey, can you grab my camera?

Y/N: Uh, sure.

You looked over your shoulder and found her camera on the floor. You grabbed it and handed it to her.

Max: Always remember this moment.

She held the camera up to get both of you, but you found a third person joining in.

Chloe: Photo bomb!

Max: Photo hog.

Max took the photo and Chloe laid down on her side. You sat up and placed your feet on the floor while Max looked around.

Max: It feels like a different world from yesterday.

Chloe: We left a skid mark on Blackwell last night.

Y/N: Like it needs another one.

Max just smiled.

Max: I'd like to do something good for my school and Arcadia Bay. I can't even submit my photo to represent. I just don't want to be rejected.

Chloe: Every great artist gets rejected before they get accepted.

Y/N: Van Gough, DaVinci, Hitler.....forget that last one, actually. I have no idea why I said that.

Chloe: So you have to enter a photo.

Max: Even though I'm pimping the school and town you want to torch?

You lifted yourself up to gave Chloe a look. She just rolled her eyes.

Chloe: Come on, I don't want to see Arcadia Bay burned to the shore, I just say shit like that because I've been trying to get out of here since....since you left, basically.

She has been like this since you first moved here 3 years ago.

Good lord. Has it already been three years?

Chloe: If I could find Rachel, then pay Frank off, I'm still leaving to start a whole new life.

Chloe reached over and picked up the remote for her CD player to have music play in the background. While she did, you pulled out your phone to look at it.

Kate still hasn't been able to message you. Her family was supposed to be here today to see her. You just hoped everything was gonna go well for her.

Max: Wish we could just hang out all morning like we used to.

Y/N: Eh. Even when we were kids, I never liked to stay in during the morning.

Chloe: You and your damn surfboard. Hippie.

You stuck your tounge out at Chloe while Max seemed interested in what she said.

Max: You surf?

You shook your head.

Y/N: Not anymore.

Max noticed the look on your face and sat up.

Max: Maybe we should get up, we have to get back to Blackwell soon.