scene fifteen: neko's cat café

"Wow!" Jeongin exclaimed in awe, snuggling into the new pink hoodie that Chan had bought him. 

In front of him was a quaint café, brown curtains lining the slightly foggy windows and pots of warm green foliage hanging from the matching brown awning that lay over the welcoming glass door. 

A few people could be seen through the windows sitting in the orangish-brown booths, leaning over wooden tables with steaming cups of coffee or other warm drinks to fend off the cold air that was prickling at their skin and soft fluffy desserts that were dusted with sprinkles and color.

Over the brown awning was a sign that read "Neko's Cat Café" in swirly orange letters and had small little cartoon cat paw prints adorning the empty space around it.

"What do you think?" Chan asked with a big grin as they stood in front of the cute café.

"It's perfect!" Jeongin exclaimed, clapping his hands together in excitement. "Let's go in!"

The younger boy practically dragged Chan in, tugging at the hem of his staple leather jacket. Chan chuckled, entering along with the brunette. 

Jeongin pushed open the glass door and a small bell rang, announcing their presence. 

The smell of ground coffee beans invaded their noses and a warm aura surrounded them once they stepped into the shop.

"Good morning! Welcome to Neko's Cat Café!" A young man, presumably around Chan's age, greeted, a large smile gracing his well sculpted features. His well combed orangish-brown hair matched the aesthetic of the warm café and immediately stood out to Jeongin.

"Good morning," Chan greeted back, taking the initiative to get them a table as Jeongin was still awestruck by his surroundings. "Could we get a table?"

"Of course!" The cheerful man answered, quickly adjusting his brown apron which hung over his crisp white button down shirt, and grabbed two menus from the podium at the front. 

He led Chan and Jeongin to a cozy little both in the corner next to the window and set down their menus in front of them.

"I'll be back shortly to take your orders," The man said before leaving the two boys to decide what they wanted to order. 

Jeongin thanked him politely whereas Chan merely nodded and took the menu in hand. 

Jeongin's eyes widened in surprise as he scanned the numerous sugary beverages and desserts. 

The hospital cafeteria only offered banana milk, chocolate milk, and chocolate buns when it came to sweet treats, and the chocolate buns were notoriously stale.

"Do you know what you want?" Chan asked Jeongin, internally cooing at his large eyes and adorable pout.

"Yep!" Jeongin exclaimed, closing the menu and placing it neatly on the table.

Almost immediately, a small gray Korean short hair cat hopped into the booth and settled himself down next to Jeongin, snuggling comfortably into his side. 

Jeongin gasped in delight and carefully stroked the cat's fur, worried that if he moved too quickly, the cat would run from him.

"Oh my god, hyung!" Jeongin whispered in sheer amazement. "Do you see how cute this cat is?"

Chan nodded with a small chuckle, admiring how cute Jeongin looked with the cat next to him. 

Jeongin continued to ruffle the cat's fur with intense adoration and cooed at the cat's slightest movements.