scene twenty two: planning

"Congratulations!"

Chan turned around from where he was folding up the blue wheelchair that he despised so much to find Jeongin holding a big sparkly pink banner that read, "Congrats on getting discharged from the hospital!" 

Yep, Chan recovered in the estimated 6 weeks that the doctor gave and now, he only had his arm still in a sling.

"Aww that's cute, baby," Chan chuckled and walked over to Jeongin to give hin a kiss. "How much time did it take you to make this?"

"About a week because you kept on disrupting my work, but it was worth it!" Jeongin beamed proudly.

"Yeah, it looks great," Chan complimented and gave his boyfriend another kiss. "You gonna miss me staying here?"

"Yeah," Jeongin admitted with a sheepish smile. "But I'm happy that you can head back to your usual life! Although, could you pause racing for a little, please? I don't think it's safe yet."

"Of course, Innie," Chan laughed and ruffled Jeongin's fluffy hair. "I don't think I can do much racing with my arm still recovering anyway. Plus Minho took over my spot to prevent any sort of anarchy that those other racers think they can pull."

"They're a dishonor to real anarchists," Jeongin frowned, still mad at the people who arranged for Chan to be injured. 

Chan laughed even more, unable to take Jeongin's anger seriously as he was just too cute with his adorable pout.

"Don't worry, Innie," Chan gave him a small peck on the head. "I have it taken care of."

"That's not suspicious at all," Jeongin said, giving him a skeptical look.

Chan really had taken care of things. 

Hyunjin and Minho were great boxers and they made sure that the people who attacked Chan got what they deserved. 

Minho, although a somewhat off-the-road racer, came back to the circuit in Chan's place to assure peace amongst the racing circle. Chan and his gang worked in mysterious ways.

"Don't worry," Chan repeated and smiled down reassuringly at Jeongin. "I'm going to miss finishing coloring book pages with you, Innie. I'll visit as much as I can though."

"Okay," Jeongin nodded and returned his smile to show how strong he was. "I hope you take care of yourself when I'm not there. When Jinnie hyung visits next, I'm going to have to ask him to give me a detailed update on your health."

"I know you will," Chan chuckled once again and nuzzled his face into the side of Jeongin's neck as he tightened his hold around Jeongin's waist, although not too tight that it was suffocating. 

Jeongin sighed and ran his fingers through Chan's locks, the blonde beginning to fade and his roots becoming more visible.

"Have you thought about dying your hair back to its natural color?" Jeongin asked. "Your hair is fading."

"Now that you mention it, maybe I should," Chan mumbled into Jeongin neck, making Jeongin giggle at the ticklish sensation.

"I think you'd look handsome with your naturally colored hair," Jeongin said. "Not that you aren't already incredibly handsome."

"Now, I guess I have to dye it back," Chan gave Jeongin a mischievous smirk, finally pulling his face away from the crook of his neck.

"You should probably get checked out," Jeongin said with a saddened expression, although he still upheld a smile.