epilogue

[5 years later]

"I still miss him so much," Chan sighed, staring at the picture he held in his hands.

"You're so dramatic, Channie," Jeongin laughed, walking over to hug his husband.

"I can't believe Felix and Changbin just moved to Australia all of a sudden," Chan shook his head in annoyance. "You think he'd give me more of a heads up."

"They've been pretty busy," Jeongin said. "Changbin finally got a solid job as a music producer and Felix is still trying to sort things out back in Australia. We can visit them over the summer break. Kyong will be out of school then."

Yes, the couple was still together and living happily in Seoul. 

After that fated day at the racing circuit, the police rushed in and arrested Cho Sanghoon for illegal business and facilitating illegal gambling as well as several accounts of aggravated assault. The circuit was closed off for investigation and shut down permanently.

At the hospital, Chan ran to Felix, both about to cry, where Felix told him that he was sorry that Chan missed it. Chan missed the end of the operation and the confirmation that Jeongin's procedure was completely successful, freeing him from years of hospitalization and enclosure. After Felix told him, Chan collapsed on the floor in tears, so grateful.

Over the next few years, the two boys continued to date. After swearing off his career in illegal racing, Chan moved to Seoul with Jeongin and changed his registration from Christopher Bang to Bang Chan. After signing those forms, they were completely free from the past.

Chan got a job at a mechanic shop that paid well and Jeongin went to university to earn a degree in education. They lived in a small but comfortable apartment and it was enough for them. Jeongin studying for his exams and Chan coming home in his clothes stained with oil.

When Jeongin turned 22, he graduated with credits and earned his degree. Chan attended the graduation ceremony and handed Jeongin the biggest bouquet of lilies that he could find. Jeongin ran into Chan's arms in his cap and gown and all, and Chan twirled him around in the air before planting several kisses on his blushing cheeks and dimples.

Later that night, when celebrating Jeongin's graduation, Chan finally got down on one knee and popped the question, which obviously left Jeongin in tears saying "yes" over and over. As for the wedding, they didn't need anything special or flashy. They went to the Seoul marriage bureau and obtained their marriage certificate before going to a party held by Felix and their other friends in celebration of the newly married.

Hyunjin was living in Seoul with Seungmin, who had finally agreed to go out with him after Hyunjin constantly asking and flirting with him. Hyunjin managed to find a job as a barista at a popular café while Seungmin was busy studying at medical school to become a certified doctor.

Minho and Jisung were living close by in Incheon. Minho was sustaining both of them by working as a fitness trainer. The two decided to marry a year before Jeongin and Chan, and Jisung had begged Minho to adopt a child. After much persuading, Minho gave in and they welcomed a sassy 4 year old boy named Hwan into their family. The young buy adopted a bit of cool guy attitude thanks to his dad, but both Minho and Jisung loved the boy dearly.