Chapter Three: Reflection

Still trying to deal with yesterday's events I stepped out of bed onto a cold wood floor. I was staying at a great aunts house on the peak of a cliff on the outskirts of Lucia. The air was salty and fresh and my coiled dark hair moved softly in the wind and the sun glowed on my dark skin. The house was small and homely with lilies on the table and mesh curtains that swayed gently in the fresh air.

Today was the first day working at the Lucia state hospital. I had my uniform laid out neatly on the chair next to my bed ; it was a sea-foam green tailored dress that fell just below the knee. I draped it over my delicate frame and stared at myself for a while in the mirror. My bouncy curls created a mane around my head, elegant and powerful like a lioness. My small waist and wide hips created the perfect silhouette and my soft round face added kindness and sincerity to my appearance. The thought that wandered throughout my mind was; what Mildred would look like in this uniform?

I imagined a sculptural and stern face staring back at me with soft rounded lips. Warm and haunting brown eyes that complemented the deep red tones of her hair , wrapped tightly in a bun. I suppose that mysterious women emulates Lucia state hospital itself; elegant and regal but regimented and sanitary. She fitted so perfectly I could be sure I would see her at the hospital today; uniform and all.

Sorry for the inconsistency of my chapters :/
you get two today don't worry <3