Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

"Zayn, will you atleast tell me what happened?" I whispered, trying not to be too loud condsidering we were taking a test in health class. He turned a bit more in his chair in the other direction, hiding his face from mine. It'd been two months since he'd talked to me,ever since we sat together he just snapped back into the Zayn that I first knew with no explanation. "Please?" Nothing, again. 

He ripped a piece of paper from his notebook, and wrote harshly then gave it to me. 

'Stop.' 

What'd I even do? I don't think I'd said something to offend him, atleast not intentionally. And he would've let it go in less than a week, unless he was the kind of person who held a grudge? He didn't seem like it, but who knows. He opened up so much to me that Saturday that I knew his father left his family, that his mother doesn't even care about him or his sister, oh and yeah, that he even had a sister. This boy was complicated, I mean let's just recap what's happened. First, he wouldn't talk to me at all then he fought back smiles, then he finally opened up to me, and now we're back to square one; if not even that, negative square one. I just wish I understood him, understood what caused him to hate me at the least. Maybe he doesn't hate me though? What if he just decided to push me away again? But if that was true, why did he suddenly chose to do so in the middle of a coversation? I wish I could let go of him, but honestly, I was in too deep to even consider trying. I loved him, and I know he'd open up one day again;eventually. 

Zayn hasn't been at his bench since we were last there, on that saturday, was it? I think Saturday atleast, but that's beside the point. I haven't seen him there, he always seems to rush off before I can even see him. He must think I'm physcotic, or obsessive, considering I never leave him alone. But what if I miss the chance where he actually does talk to me again because I gave up on him? That one percent chance that he'll talk to me is the one thing holding me on.  

I scurried down the stairs that let me out of school, trying to spot if Zayn was there; shocker, he wasn't. I sighed to myself, was this ever going to work?  Maybe if I waited out here for a couple of minutes I'd see him, it was worth a shot. Sitting down on the bench, I realized I hadn't been talking to any of my friends very much recently, it was all about Zayn. Everything was about Zayn, everything. My thoughts, songs I listened to, where I looked, what I cared about. I can't even remember the last time I talked to Niall, or Perry or Kenzie, or really any of my friends. Even Louis, I missed that boy so much. He meant a lot to me, no doubt. But I just couldn't be everything he wanted when I loved someone else, and he saw it too. That must've been why he always questioned me, why he always sighed, why he always seemed disappointed. I never meant to hurt him, I never meant to hurt anyone. My good never seemed good for anybody else, not even myself most of the time. 

Wait, raven hair. I saw raven hair, and dark clothes, and tan skin; Zayn. I got up and jogged over to him. 

"Zayn?" I asked as he turned around with shock masking his face then turning around again.

"Please, just tell me what I did? I'm sorry, I really am," I said, trying to get his brown eyes to meet mine again. 

"Drop it," he muttered under his breath continuing to walk further and further away from me. 

"Zayn, just look at me?" I pleaded. I want to see his eyes, his eyes that used to light up by my continuous trying to get close to him. He turned to me, with sunglasses on preventing me to be able to see what emotion was behind his eyes. "I found your journal in english class yesturday, it's in my locker if you want to come get it with me," I lied, I know he forgot his journal though and it was in the english room but this way maybe he'd come with me. His face seemed to become worried then like nothing was said, and he replied,

"Fine," and began to walk towards me. 

We walked to the lockers with an awkward silence lingering between us. I wished he would say something, I wished I could say something and make his laugh ring through the halls. His laughter could brighten anybody's day, I swear. 

"Okay, it's not in my locker but it's in the english room," I confessed, as he sighed and started walking to the room, I followed then shut the door behind me. He looked at me right away, realizing I'd tricked him; that I forced him into having to talk to me. 

"Denise, really?" he asked simply but harshly. 

"Look, I'm just going to talk you just need to listen okay?" I prompted, and he nodded. Where was I going with this? I didn't even know. "I'm sorry for whatever I did, I really really am. But think what it's like for me? Even if you hate me, don't I deserve to know what I did? Just think about what it's like for me, you're always on my mind. Always. I'm always wishing that you could just atleast say a couple words to me, say that you don't hate me. It hurts, it hurts bad thinking that the boy you're inlove with hates-" I gasped and covered my mouth, hoping he didn't hear me. I didn't mean to say I loved him, I was just in the heat of the moment. Well, nice job Denise, you're really helping yourself here, aren't you?

“It doesn’t exist,” he said blatantly. 

“Stop being in such denial, just because your father didn’t love right doesn’t mean you shouldn’t believe in love.” I fought back, he wasn’t winning this. 

“Denise, look, have you ever noticed how all fairy tales are fiction? Do you know why they’re fiction, hm?” 

I tried to protest but was instantly hushed by him as he continued, “They’re fiction because fairy tales don’t exist, happily ever afters don’t exist, love doesn’t exist.

“Zayn?” I asked innocently.

“What,” he stated more as a comment than a question. 

And with that, I stood on my toes and pressed my lips to his, then pulled back returning to my normal height, leaving him wide eyed by my action. “Now, if love doesn’t exist explain to me why your stomach was alive with butterflies? Or explain to me the look in your eyes that you want me to kiss you again. I will fix your heart Zayn, that I’m sure of.”  I turned on my heel and left him speechless, this was only the beginning.

Who knows where that confidence came from, but he didn't really seem to mind. Well, here's to a start of a new beginning I thought while mentally congratulating myself.

A/N: Hi lovlieesss(: how was your christmas/holiday that you celebrate? Who's excited for 2013? Whoopwhoop! Haha hope you liked this chapter;sorry for the slow update, I've been very busy): xx