Chapter Three

Chapter 3

“Hey everyone,” I slid my tray on the table and sat down in between Niall and an empty seat. 

They all smiled and said hi, then continued on with their conversations and eating. Soon enough, Lou sat down next to me, “Hi loser,” I smiled, then took a sip of my water. 

“Well nice to see you too, loser,” he said, then turned to Harry on the other side of him. They kept whispering, then Harry just smirked at me. 

“Harry... You’re scaring me, stop it,” I said half-smiling. Louis turned to me again and started doing the same smirk. “Stop it guys,” I pouted, sticking out my lower lip. 

“Oh you know that doesn’t work with me,” Louis said matter-of-factly. 

“Maybe not but I can make you guys stop a different way,” I began to do my own little smirk. 

“Oh yeah, I bet,” Louis said to Harry. 

“Okay, I won’t talk to you until you stop,” I turned to Niall. “Hi Niall,” I said scooting my chair closer to him, and farther from Lou. 

“Hey, how are you liking this school so far?” he said, with his irish accent making me smile even more.

“It’s nice, except Lou, I don’t like him,” I smiled back at Lou, as his mouth dropped. Yeah, I got the jealousy working. 

Niall started dying laughing, understanding what was going on. And because his laugh was as contagious as strep throat is, I started laughing too. “Nobody likes Lou, he’s a meanie, but I’m here for you babe,” he winked and hugged me. 

“Okay I give up! I won’t do the look anymore,” Lou pouted. 

Niall and I high-fived and I scooted my chair back to it’s original place. Niall began eating again and I frowned at Louis. 

“Why are you giving me that look?” he questioned. I just loved driving him insane. I kept frowning at him, as he kept asking me what was wrong. Then he put his hand on my waist, and started tickling me. I started crying laughing, begging him to stop. He and I just laughed at how easily we could amuse each other, tonight would be interesting. The lunch bell rang and we all started walking out, but Louis put a small paper in my pocket before disappearing into the rest of the people. I took it out and unfolded it to reveal numbers, a phone number; his phone number. I smiled to myself and continued to walk with everyone else.

~

“Dad can I go over a friend’s house for dinner tonight?” I asked him before running upstairs to get ready for tonight.

“Sure, who’s house?” 

“You haven’t met him, his name’s Louis,” I smiled even just saying his name.

“Okay, sure honey,” he responded simply. I was so lucky to have such an easy going dad, and he trusted me so that was easy. I went upstairs to my room, and started looking through my closet. What should I wear? 

I spotted an off white knitted sweater, then in my head matched it with black skinny jeans, perfect. I pulled it off the hanger, and grabbed black skinnys out of my drawer. I changed into them, then looked at my hair and makeup. I decided to curl my blonde hair, and put on black eyeliner with some mascara but nothing major. 

The doorbell rang and I raced downstairs, “I GOT IT DAD!” I yelled, not wanting him to have to get up from him doing his work. I opened the door to find Lou holding a rose. 

“Aw, you didn’t have to get me this,” I blushed. 

“I wanted to,” he smiled, handing it to me carefully.