Chapter Two

Chapter Two

As soon as I opened my front door I was instantly slapped in the face by the cool, morning wind. Dark clouds engulfed the sky, wow, Bradford has wonderful weather...not.

Because I close to the school I decided I’d be a walker. If I didn’t live as close there’s no way I’d be a walker, not that I didn’t like walking, it’s just this town looks pretty creepy. There was graffiti on almost every single building,over half of the stores were closed, and many houses had broken for sale signs in their yard from being there so long.The town just looked gloomy as a whole, but with Niall and everyone else at school it seemed like we were in another world at school. Their people didn’t quite match the scenario I guess you could say. Everyone at school was fairly happy to be there, with a few exceptions as all schools have basically.

One main exception being Zayn. I still hadn’t been able to shake the thought of him out of my head, and what few words Niall told me about him. “He doesn’t talk to anyone, or doesn’t let anyone talk to him,” why? Why doesn’t he let people talk to him?  Does he shut people out? I used to shut people out, not sharing my feelings with anyone... It was when my mom got in a car accident, I figured it’d just be easier to keep everything bottled up but I finally lost it. I found out that talking with everyone and having as much support possible was so much easier than to not sharing anything, and being pessimistic about everything. Did Zayn have something or someone break him enough to cause him to shut people out?

“Denise, is that you?” a familiar voice shouted from behind me, so I whipped my neck around faster than I should of, ow.

“Yup!” I said popping the ‘p’. I smiled and stopped walking so he could catch up to me.What was his name? Why am I so bad at this!? Louis or was it Lou? No, it was Cam! Right? Oh no, it’s Liam! He was the one with the light brown hair in a quiff, his eyes kind of make him look like a little puppy too. Okay, Liam is the one with puppy eyes, I got this.

“Hey,” he greeted me as he finally caught up to where I was, “how are you liking Bradford so far?”

“Love the people! Hate the weather,” he laughed so I joined him. We started walking while having a small chat, discussing classes, and agreeing that we’d walk together to school every morning considering we lived close.

“So, is there anything I can help you with? Like questions about the school or something?” his smile was so warm it melted your heart, like the oven melting chocolate chips into cookie dough. It made me so comfortable around him, like he really did care even though I barely knew him. Anyways, this was my perfect time to see if he knew anything more than Niall did about Zayn.

“Yeah, do you know Zayn?” I looked to him beside me as his smile turned into a somewhat crooked face, implying he was confused about why I asked.

“Yeah, why?” the confusion shone through his words.

“Do you know why he doesn’t talk to people?” This question truly flabbergasted him, was it that weird I was asking?

“No, I know Harry and him used to be close though, but I’ve never really talked to him. I mean I’m sure he’s nice but he never gives the effort to even say a simple hello, and the people that even try to get him to talk to them he just kind of pushes them away. Or at least that’s what I’ve seen,” he half smiled, “why?”

“Just curious I guess, he seemed really quiet,” I fake laughed and we arrived at the school.

~

“Here, come with me, we have health together,” Perry, I think, said. She was the one who had her hair in a ponytail, p from ponytail and p for Perry.