Night 1

April Fools you silly geese

Night 1: A New Side Boob

And so the day has finally come – you're done your final class, which means it's reading week! With expert planning, you have no assignments or tests to study for during this intended study time. No, you have a whole week for destressing and having fun with your friends. You can't help but have a skip in your step as you descend down the busy stairs and head straight for the door. All around you, in the two story high building, are other students that're either chatting with each other, listening to music and sitting around, or waiting inside the building for the public bus. That's when you see it. If only your shining hopes were reflected by the environment. You stand before the glass door, staring out at the pouring rain that's pattering on passing cars, the sidewalk, and building across the road.

Your body completely slumps upon seeing this dreary weather. "Oh, come on. I didn't even bring an umbrella. Do I even have an umbrella?" You whisper to yourself.

You jog to the right wall, made of glass, and look for your friends. You just saw one of them packing up but you were too excited to pleb at home. But now it is you who's left behind while he, the true genius, casually heads towards the dorms with an umbrella in hand and friend in toe. You sigh, turning around and heading towards the stairs. The doors you went to before was a little longer way back to your dorms, but it was directly in front of the stairs. If you circle past the stairs and walk down a little more, past the library, and towards the convenience store, there's a set of doors that leads right towards the dormitories.

You follow the path, passing by the stairs and heading straight. Other students are coming in and out of the library, a quick glance showing a plethora of boys and girls at all the tables and couches of the library. To your right, under the stairs and against the wall, are booths which students use for relaxation more than studying. A shame the cafeteria is in the other, older building. You quickly take a right, shortly before you'd get to a hallway with bathrooms, a coffee shop, and the convenience store. Even from here, you get a whiff of the fresh coffee brewed for tired and stressed students.

You push open the first set of glass doors and stop at the next, which actually lead out into the rainstorm. You swing your backpack around and check it, assuring it's zipped up so rain won't give your laptop an unwelcome shower. With that secure, you make sure its snug on your back and take a deep breath, ready to book it until you reach your residence.

You hear the door open behind you, followed by a question. "You just want an umbrella?"

You turn around, seeing someone who's familiar yet you can't put your finger on it. Long blonde hair, green eyes, a black jacket with white fluff on the inside, complementing the black shirt underneath, washed blue jeans, and a backpack that you swear is moving on its own.

"Um... you have one?"

"Sure I do," he stops beside you, putting his hands in the jacket pockets. "Knew it was gonna rain today, didn't want my parade to get ruined."

"Oh, like rain on my parade," you nod.

"Haha! Exactly!" He cheers back at you. "Didn't even have to explain it... I mean, I normally have to because my comedic genius goes over people's heads sometimes."

"PIKA!" A high pitched, muffled voice responds.

"What the hell was that?" You spin around the room. "It sounded like..."

Out of his backpack, a small Pikachu pushes the zipper open and jumps out. It dusts itself off before pointing at the blonde man. "Pika, pi!"

"Shut up, I am funny!"