Night 5

Night 5: Revenge of the Tiddies

You stare at your phone – more specifically, your group chat – in slight disappointment. You've messaged your friends and, despite being 2pm now, none of them have woken up. You even got up a little early to hang out with them. But now you're showered, dressed, and alone. Well, not completely alone since Forrest and PikaName are still around. It's just unlike them, especially Quentin, to be so unresponsive. They're on their phones for one reason or another, and there's no way that nobody hasn't checked your three messages.

You sigh, finally putting your phone away and rolling out of your bed.

"Hey, Forrest," you walk out of your room and lean against his doorframe.

He's typing away on his laptop, acknowledging your presence with a weak, "Uh huh?" while his fingers speedily move from key to key. Name is sitting on your roommate's shoulder, occasionally pointing at whatever he typed with a little comment on his own. Sometimes Forrest nods, deleting what he just wrote, while others he brushes off, which makes the little chin chilla smack his head.

"What're you doing?"

"Manipulating poor souls how I see fit," he chuckles.

"Pika," Name rubs his fingers together.

"Or maybe," he looks over at you with a goofy smile. "I'm weaving the very words you're speaking."

"You're... dumb."

"Huh, not on my A-game today," he remarks. "Well, whatcha need, buckaroo."

You cross your arms and readjust. "Have you heard from my friends today? They come by when I was sleeping?"

Forrest shakes his head. "Nah, nobody has visited. Well, there was this one fairy but... hey, listen, don't worry about it."

"Piiii," Name face palms.

"Your chin chilla doesn't seem very amused."

"Dude, come on," Forrest shakes his head. "He's clearly a dog."

You turn around and walk away. "I'm never talking to you again."

"H-Hey, wait!" He starts laughing. "I'm easy to talk to! I'm fun! I'm hip!"

"How old are you?" You look over your shoulder.

"Seven."

"I could believe it."

"So," he leans back and stretches his arms out. "How was work?"

"It was..." You pause. "Different. I think I'm getting the hang of it."

"Hang of furry robots trying to smother you in love? I know this little thing got quite accustomed," he lightly rubs Name's head. The Pikadog's first reaction is to push away, but seconds into the affection he relaxes. Truly, there is nothing that can defeat headpats. "But he also told me what's going on during the nights."

"Seriously, how do you communicate with him?"

"It's complicated," Forrest brushes off. "You know, if they're actually assaulting you so much, why not bring it up to your boss? There's cameras, right?"

"Well, yeah but..."

"But?" Forrest repeats, now rubbing the Pikachu's belly as it rolls from left to right on its back.

"I... didn't think of that. Actually, I could figure out where all that dust came from," the cogs in your mind start turning.

"Can you access the cameras?"