Night 2

Night 2: Attack of Boobs

"I still can't believe YOU got hired," Alex says, a little harsher than you appreciate. "You don't know the fine aspects of women's bodies," he ends with a sly chuckle.

"Say again," Jacob cheers as he shoots.

The TING of the white ball echoes in the room as all the balls spread across the table.

"I can't either," you roll around on a comfy red couch, placed near a wall-mounted TV. You can't even see your friends' game, just gauging the game on the sounds and reactions. "But it was interesting."

"Interesting how?" Jacob prodes.

"Just... sitting around, watching the animatronics," a yawn cuts into your sentence. "And... uh... garbage. I still can't believe they just have a key outside..."

"What?" Jacob and Alex stop in place.

"Oh! Shit," you whisper, slapping yourself. You're still tired, probably needing a nap before work tonight. That alone has led you to ALREADY break the contract you signed last night. This is proof you should not be held accountable for your actions.

You roll onto your back, instantly scared by Jacob and Alex's looming figures. "Tell us," the two demand.

"H-Hey!" You roll off the couch and hop away. "Don't get all weirdy weird on me."

The two zoom around either side of the couch, their eagerness hurting your heart. "Listen, I didn't say anything. I'm not supposed to say anything."

"But you already did."

"And we're dying to know."

You huff. "Look... that's not the point. Why do you even need to know? You're gonna break in at night? Then I have to report you!"

"Or you don't see us!"

"No," you shake your head. "No, just play your game," you pass around Alex and head for the door. "Trust me, the place is just freaky at night."

"I like freaky!" Jacob shouts.

"That's not what I MEANT JACOB!" You screech.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You swipe your room card and push open the door, eyes immediately looking forward to your room. You don't pay too much attention to it as it's a passive observation in your peripherals, but your roommate's door is open.

"Taking a nap?" He asks.

"Yeah, I..." You stop mid step the second you enter your room. Taking two steps back, you gander in the room and spot Forrest lying on the bed. "Where is my roommate?"

"I'm the roommate you're looking for," he waves his hand mystically.

"You're the roommate I'm looking for," your voice is almost robotic.

"Very good," he says in a posh accent. "So, how was your night?

"It was interesting," your voice box returns to default. "I swear, sometimes I thought they knew I was watching them," you leaned against his doorframe.

"What? Like, waving or something?"

"No, no... just the way they'd sit. The way they'd move..." You trail off when remembering the night.

Forrest shuffles in his bed, covering his mouth as he coughs. "Well, they are some, uh, uniquely designed mascots. I wouldn't be surprised if they're wired to be seductive. Wait, they move around at night?"