Night 6

Night 6: Return of the Night Guard

At this point you're just laying in bed, wasting the last hour away before you have to call a car. Spending time with Forrest last night proved a lot of things, one of which being that maybe you're not in such danger as you thought before. You thought the animatronics were these teasing, evil creatures but, really, they seem to joke, make mistakes, and almost have a personality similar to any other person. Their entire intimidation factor has fallen flat over the past two days.

But that's not the only thing that's on your mind. Your friends still haven't gotten back to you at all, or have even returned to the dorms. You've asked their roommates along with the receptionists of the building. Maybe they all went back home? It's concerning nonetheless. On top of that, there's the confusion over the security tapes. Apparently, everything you've gone through hasn't been captured at all. It's all just standard, possibly looped footage. But you have no idea who's doing it. You, Charlotte and Forrest checked it before you left and it was standard footage that certainly wasn't what happened. Granted, having to watch his little dance routine again might've given you a headache. But, to his credit, the lighthearted night was exactly what you needed.

Only two nights left and it's clear both Forrest and his pet are willing to help you through them. Yet there's something that wants you to prove that you don't need these oddities of mankind to go through a night at Freddy's. You may even debate that all the shit you've gone through over the days have somewhat dulled you to what the girls may try to say or do.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Hey, bucko, you want some food for tonight?"

"I'm alright, thanks."

"So," Forrest says, leaning over the foot of your bed.

"Yeah?" You raise a brow, seemingly uncaring for his sudden intrusion.

"You want to take this one on by yourself?"

"I... yeah. How did you know?"

Forrest rubs under his nose, seemingly proud of himself. "Lucky guess. But I get it."

"Both of you could come by for the last day. That'll probably be the hardest."

"Pika!" Name pops up beside the bed.

"Exactly, you pupper."

"My man, I get you're not the smartest, but I thought you'd know a dolphin when you saw one."

"Ah, you're right," you snicker, giving Pikaphin a head rub. "Sorry, little guy."

"Chuuuu," he coos.

"And if I get into big trouble, I'll give you a call," you look back at Forrest. "You always seem to be where you're needed anyway."

"Hey!" He points at you, frowning. "Stop being so aware of my shenanigans. They're mine."

"Then stop using them so much around me," you say back with a confident smile.

"That... that is fair," he lowers his hand. "Alright then, I'll leave you alone. Good luck. Name might stay with you."

"That's fine," you say, keeping up the snuggles. "It's like having a dog or cat."

"But a dolphin!"

"Yeah, dolphin," you softly respond while lying back on your bed. To nobody's surprise, as soon as the conversation is over, Forrest and Name have disappeared from the room and can be heard in the common area.

Just two more days...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You enter Freddy's Anime Convention, nearly bumping into Henry on his way out.