Night 3

Night 3: The Phantom Melons

Sleeping isn't easy this time around. One would think it has something to do with the knocking on your door every thirty minutes – your friends wanting to hang out or ask questions about your new occupation. But your mind, your dreams, all revolve around that night at Freddy's Anime Convention. Lots of people probably have dreams about it, dreams that're probably similar to what you experienced. The animatronic girls chase after them, giggling, hoping to get some up close and personal time. They have no idea how terrifying that really is. Maybe you're just overreacting. Maybe they really just saw you as a customer and wanted to entertain you, but there was something in their eyes, their deceitful eyes, that told you there was something more to it.

You just can't shake the feeling that there was something more behind... everything. Maybe you did just freak out, read into it a bit too much, but you need to keep a sharper eye out for those animatronics, and not the same way everyone else does. So, you toss and turn in your bed, never sleeping for more than an hour at a time. In total, you get about six hours of sleep, which isn't the worst. But your body feels like you've only slept for three. In time, you end up just lying in bed with your eyes closed, ears honing in on every little sound as if it was hooked up to a speaker beside your head.

With an annoyed groan, you throw your blanket off of you and roll out of bed. You grab some clean clothes and open your door, eyes already locked on the free bathroom. However, Forrest's cooking in the kitchen slides into your nostrils and lightens the mood. He turns around, showing off a large pot cooking on an induction plate. His pet Monkeychu is on the counter with a chefs hat and moustache, holding a packet of spice.

"It... helps you cook?"

"He's hungry."

"Pika!" It nods.

"I... um, well thanks for the food last night. Did the monkey help you make that too?"

"A monkey? This thing?" He flicks his head towards Name. "It's mole rat, silly."

"What? But you sai-"

"You want more tonight?" He completely cuts you off.

You approach the bathroom, taking a deep breath as you contemplate.

"Yessssssssssssssssss," and you step inside the bathroom, closing it behind you.

"Hm... he seems happy," Forrest smiles, turning back to his pot and stirring. "Name, use chili spice!"

"Chuuuuuuuu," Name pours the spice in on command.

"Super effective. Hehehehe... we're so funny."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Even after refreshing yourself with a shower, you just sit in your room and waste away what hours you have before your next shift. You make sure to keep your door closed so when your friends knock and Forrest answers, he can reliably make an excuse why you can't come out. But it also makes him a little worried about you.

"Alright, you duck," Forrest leans back against your door.

"What the?" You roll away from him, getting on your knees to be eye-to-eye. "I didn't even hear the door open!"

"I teleported," he says with a joking undertone. "Anyway, what's wrong? You're not depressed, at least I don't think so. It needs to be at least a consistent two weeks and... whatever," he shakes his head, pushing off the door and standing at the side of your bed. "What's wrong?"