𝟎𝟎| the right someone

*+•

.*+•.

THE sun had already been long gone by the time Y/N had shut her laptop and slumped back into the assortment of decorative pillows tossed on her bed. She had procrastinated a week's worth of literature homework and had spent the last 4 hours writing an essay prompt that was due at the end of the day. She was thankful that it was a Friday so that she could finally take a break off of schoolwork and have some fun over the weekend. Y/N constantly had a ton of work on her plate being a significant part of the student body council and president of a few minor clubs and services at the school.

"Wow, you're actually done for once. Finally, I don't have to hear you whine about how boring your homework is anymore." The familiar teasing voice spoke from the other side of the room. Y/N gave the freckled girl the finger before sitting up straight, hugging her favorite orange fox plush to soothe her stress.

"I'm surprised you haven't ditched me yet to hang out with your girlfriend," Y/N retorted with a smirk. Ymir rolled her eyes at her roommate and hopped off of her bed to sit next to the girl.

"Historia's too busy tutoring those new freshmen. And besides, we aren't dating," she responded with a rare, goofy grin. "Not yet."

Y/N smiled at the genuine glint of happiness that radiated from her best friend as she talked about Historia. It was undeniable that the two girls had special feelings for each other and everyone was just waiting for them to make it official. Just thinking about their successful relationship made Y/N think about a certain someone a bit more.

Y/N would probably be one of the last people anyone would've guessed to have a bit of an interest in someone. After all, she was well-known as one of Maria University's heartbreakers. She did not have a bad reputation and in fact, she was adored by most people who genuinely talked to her. She was academically gifted, very involved with campus life, and loved offering help to others who asked.

She never intentionally chose to hurt anyone; however, it just so happened that she was known to reject any person that has tried to go beyond flirting. She was simply unbothered by the idea of mindlessly dating or getting into serious relationships with mediocre people. Because of this, some people assumed she was a pretentious little bitch when in reality, she just had bright goals and high standards for her romantic escapades.

Unluckily for her, this mindset had begun to falter after she met him. The captain of the soccer team, president of the debate club, and one of the top students in her class. He shared the same aspirations that she did and he probed to be quite a handful when it came to their competitive nature regarding schoolwork. However, she could not deny the slight attraction she felt towards him.