𝟎𝟑| crossed lines

*+•

.*+•.

AFTER the long drive, which had felt as it would never end due to Sasha's significantly off-tune singing, the group of six had finally made it to Connie's house. Considering that they were ten minutes early, they were the first people there, excluding Connie's roommate Nicolo. Jean was the first to be greeted by the loud-mouthed party animal, getting pulled into a 'bro-hug' that had been a little too aggressive for Jean's comfort.

"Hey, guys!" Connie exclaimed after letting a wincing Jean out of his grasp. "Most of the drinks are in a cooler in the back. The rest are in the kitchen but we can wait for Eren and
Y/N to come back with the cups for those."

The teens collectively nodded their heads and started parting their separate ways throughout the house. The girls had gathered into their own circle in the kitchen to catch up while the boys headed straight to the backyard to check out the drinks. Minutes of laughter and random chatter passed and a flurry of new faces started arriving. More drinks started getting passed around and the distinctive party haze fell over the many groups of friends as they drank and danced like there was no tomorrow. Connie and Jean decided to take turns on door duty, alternating every few minutes on who would open the door and greet people.

      Everyone was having considerably great times, whether they were just hanging out, playing pong, or participating in the lively game of spin the bottle in the living room. Nicolo and Sasha were hitting it off, just as everyone had expected. Ymir and Historia were calmly lounging across the comfy blue sofa, bursting into fits of cheers and hoots every time two girls had to kiss due to the bottle's luck. Connie was happily commentating on the game of beer pong going on near the pool, screaming and bouncing up and down to add more intensity to the competition. Even Jean found himself having an enjoyable time. A couple of girls in one of his classes, that he never talked to or even seen before, had approached him as he was on door-duty and started chatting him up.

Surely, he didn't have much time to partake in his occasional weekend hookups due to his massive load of schoolwork, but he still appreciated the attention they were giving him at the moment. They certainly weren't unattractive, he concluded as a cute green-eyed blonde caressed the side of his arm. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad indulging in another fling, he thought, flashing the girl his signature head-tilted smirk. After all, he could use a bit of help to get his mind off some things.

Jean spared no more time, the gears in his head switching as the flirtatious side of him came out. His use of smooth remarks, littered with a handful of shallow compliments, had been enough for the girl to fall into his seductive trance. He wanted this moment of intimacy, not caring how short-lived it would be. He needed to stop stressing so hard. He needed to stop thinking about them.