𝟎𝟒| the anti-studier

*+•

.*+•.

     Time flew by as the two 'friends' settled themselves and before either of them knew it, they had arrived in front of the Springer household. Y/N pulled down the sun visor mirror, rearranging her hair in a way so that it covered the marks on her neck. Eren had made it very difficult for her to do so, considering how stubborn the marks were to hide, and she knew that she would have to constantly keep a large bundle of hair over her shoulder. She wanted to at least have a sliver of decency.

     Eren propped his head on his hand while waiting for the girl to finish covering the hickeys, that he very proudly created, so they could finally meet back up with the rest of their friends. The marks on her neck were fairly small because Eren didn't want her to get any uncomfortable stares if she were to walk into the party with giant bruises. However, he didn't put much effort into making them too undetectable. There were three in total, one lying around an inch down from her earlobe, another right above her collarbone, and the last one ever so sneakily behind the shoulder strap on her dress. From a good distance, they weren't that noticeable but if someone were to be standing just close enough, they would certainly be able to catch their attention.

"Are you done yet?" he raised the question, watching as she nodded yet proceeded to dig into her handbag to look for something. She pulled out a small bottle of what seemed like perfume and turned to the boy with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"One last thing."

Before Eren could even process what was going on, she reached over and gave him a generous spray of the scent. Eren flinched when the mist got too close to his face, swatting it away as best as he could to prevent himself from inhaling it.

"Was that necessary?" he inquired, nose scrunched at the sound of Y/N's giggle.

"Yes because now we're even," she responded, poking her finger to his nose before opening her door and stepping out of the car. "You marked me, so I marked you. Now come on, we have a party to get to."

A subtle shiver ran itself through Eren's spine at her words. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, he couldn't deny that he wasn't slightly attracted to the girl. Something about getting to taint her picture-perfect image with his own markings, all just to get a rise out of his roommate, was extremely arousing. He knew Jean would not be thrilled to see him succeeding at crossing uncharted territory. After all, practically every guy at the school had tried to get with Y/N but always suffered the same fate: straightforward rejection.

Over the many late-night conversations and drunk secret-spilling Eren had with his roommate, he was very much aware of the minor attraction Jean felt for Y/N. He would never audibly admit it but he certainly got the point across. Jean had a peculiar way of pursuing people he was attracted to. Connie, Armin, and Eren have all known about his ways and already teased him about his antics too many times to even recall. If a girl were to approach Jean with full intentions of getting with him and he played along with it, it was more probable that he was not really interested in her and just wanted to hook up. However, if a girl he liked did the same, he would turn into an absolute mess. He would form the personality of a literal rock and start pushing himself away as some sort of emotional defense. Jean was scared of falling for someone then accidentally ruining it and getting his heart broken. To put it simply, he was terrified of commitment.