The Journey

Hermione sat next to Ron, opposite Ginny, who sat next to Harry. They sat in silence for a while, perhaps just taking in the idea that they were actually returning to Hogwarts.

A sharp knock caught their attention. Hermione looked up and saw Neville and Luna.

"Mind if we join you?" Neville asked.

She nodded kindly and budged up so Luna and Neville could take a seat.

Neville had changed, she noticed. He was no longer the shy boy who feared almost everything, but a brave man who did anything for what was right.

Irritated at the awkward silence, Hermione pulled out a book and some form of energy re-entered Ginnys mind.

"We were all waiting for that!" Ginny remarked jokingly.

Just like that, a conversation was sparked. They talked about their previous years at Hogwarts, how they had grown and how they were changing.

Hermione recalled, with a slight smile on her face, the incident with Wingardium Leviosa.

She could just picture that trademark know-it-all look on her little face as she criticised Ronald.

Oh how she loved him!

Eventually, the conversation switched to the changes at Hogwarts itself.

"Something is changing, I know that much." Ron said wistfully.

"Such a surprise, Ronald!" Hermione replied, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

"On serious matters, though," Harry said,"What could be happening? It's not like McGonagall to change Dumbledore's ways."

"I owled her." Ginny responded, "she said it was something to do with the Ministry."

"Well then it can't be good." Luna said, emerging from her daydream world.

___________

"Kingsley, this cannot be allowed! They are only children!"

"Minerva, and I am being completely truthful here, I agree. But the Wizengamot voted on it, and it is the only choice."

"Can't you use your influence as Minister to change this? Or at least let the students have some input on their lifelong partners?"

"This is a matter that I have put all my effort into stopping. With the Wizarding population having fallen by 68.35%, it is inevitable. And to answer your second question, we don't want them making wrong decisions. It is, after all their lifelong partner."

"Very well. It's seems there is nothing I can do to dissuade you, so I shall inform the seventh years tonight, at the opening feast. You will be there?"

"Yes. I'm sorry for the stress this has put you through, however it really is unavoidable."

"I understand. Thank you for your visit, Minister Shacklebolt. See you this evening."

"Until later, Minerva."

************************************************
Hi!
I hope you are enjoying the story! I'm certainly enjoying writing it!

Sorry for the late update, I have been quite busy. In the future I will aim to publish a chapter every other week, alternating with my other book, Savannah Black.

Also, thanks for the editing by FluffyRainbowPower ! It's really helpful and I'm glad there's someone to correct my mistakes!

Anyway, remember to vote and comment! I am definitely open to constructive criticism and of course the occasional compliment!

That is!

Bye!

NayNay 🦋
Xxx