When all was revealed...

It was the Christmas holidays and the Golden Trio (plus Ginny) were standing on the platform of Hogwarts Station, waiting for the Hogwarts Express to whisk them back to Platform 9 3/4, and, in turn, the Burrow, where they would all be spending their holidays.

Ginny was chatting away to Harry about how they would finally be official soulmates and how she couldn't wait. Ron and Hermione just stood in silence. They both could sense that there was something wrong.

Finally, the train arrived and they were on their way to platform 9 3/4. It was officially the Christmas holidays! It was one of the less eventful train journeys.

Ginny hexed Ron for imitating her excitement. Harry talked about Quidditch on end. Luna commented on the lack of nargles. And as for Hermione? Well, I'm sure it won't surprise you that she read throughout the whole journey. All normal things.

Before they knew it, they had arrived at platform 9 3/4, greeted by Mr and Mrs Weasley.

When the friends reached the Burrow, they all rushed upstairs to their rooms. Harry and Ginny were together and Ron and Hermione were together. Mrs Weasley added, with a skeptical tone, that if needs be, the room arrangements would change once the soulmates were released.

'Like that's going to happen', Ron whispered to Hermione. Hermione edged away uncomfortably.

That night, Hermione went to bed early. She was just so nervous, that sleep was what she needed. She knew that she and Ron would be paired together, but something just felt off.
Then,she drifted off...

************************************************
Ginny smiled. Today was the day. It was the day that her and Harry's relationship would finally become official.

It was soulmates day.

She quickly changed into a big fluffy jumper and some jeans and rushed downstairs.

She could smell the waffles from the stairs and ran down to snatch one, hot from the waffle maker. Delicious! Perhaps it was just the prospect of becoming Harry's soulmate, but she was on cloud 9!

Ginny sat down next to Hermione, and just in time as the owls swooped in with the soulmate revelations...

**********************************************
Hermione held her breath as she opened her envelope. It HAD to be Ron.

She read the name.

Harry.
************************************************
Harry smiled. He had got exactly the result he wanted. He looked up at his soulmate, only to see her eyes clouding with horror. Hermione lept out of her seat and ran out of the room, to the room she and Ron were sharing, leaving Harry confused and disappointed.

Did his soulmate not love him?

Before he could go and find out. Ginny and Ron cried out.
They had got Lavender and Dean.

Turned out that Hermione wasn't the only unhappy one...