Why him???

Why, of all people, did it have to be Harry? Yes, she secretly liked him, but it was just a non-serious, silly thing....or was it?

Besides, in no part of her paper did she write ANYTHING about the Chosen One. So it must've been him. He must've written about her and betrayed Ginny.

Ginny. Yet another reason why this was all so wrong. How could she learn to love Harry when she knew it would destroy her best friend, Ginny's, heart?

And what about Ron? Sweet, lovable Ron, who she was supposed to love for all eternity.

Or maybe not. Maybe this was the way things were supposed to be. Maybe she had been destined to be Harry's all along.

Maybe, maybe not.

Now everything was a muddle of thoughts.

Nothing was simple anymore.

********************************************
Harry knocked gently on the door of Hermione's room. He was broken. Why didn't she love him back?

"Come in," Hermione called, tearfully.

He knew that he was probably the last person she wanted to see right now but he needed to be there for her.

He walked up to her and put his arms around her. He felt her shrug him away, but he kept holding on.

"It's me and you," he said softly.

********************************************
Ginny was heartbroken. She had seen Harry's letter. She knew who his soulmate was. She knew it was a possibility, but she didn't think it would actually happen.

He was supposed to love her forever, no matter what came their way, but here was an obstacle which they would have to sacrifice their whole life for. And even if the consequences were lesser, he still probably wasn't even willing to overcome this barrier.

But she knew it wasn't meant to be. They were not meant together, the same way that Hermione wasn't truly meant for Ron.

********************************************
Hermione sobbed into Harry's arms. Why couldn't everything be simple?

She held him close and was comforted immensely. Hermione's head filled with crazy thoughts of the future. It was just beyond imagination, that this could happen. But she had to admit. Harry was perfect. Ginny was lucky, whilst it lasted.

That's how they stayed, for an hour or two, in each other's arms, crying it all out. They just sat there, on the bed, not speaking. Even without words they could understand each other. They were soulmates. Whether they liked it or not.

She felt guilty, knowing that she may possibly love him deep down but she couldn't embrace it yet.

Then she stood up, and walked out of the room.

At the doorway, she turned and softly said,

"I may learn to love you, but right now, I can't. Not yet."

***************************************************
Hi!
Sorry for the late update! It's just been super busy this holiday!

Any way, hope you enjoy, and thanks to AA4184 for editing .

Bye!

NayNay🦋