𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞 𝐢. || 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨

requested//by Ejmuksancontains: slight angst

contains: slight angst

y/n's pov
and there he goes. the boy that i fall for more and more as each day goes by. of course, he doesn't know. i'm not the best at expressing my feelings. only nobara knows. she's my best friend and i'd do anything for her. she is my literal ride or die. we often train together.

speaking of training, we're training right now.

smack

"ouchhh, that one must've hurt y/n" yuji says as i see him make a pained expression on his face as if he was the one who had gotten hit. "she's not concentrating" nobara sighs. she walks over to me and offers me a hand. i accept it as she pulls me right back up to my feet.

"also don't worry, he kept walking and didn't see you get beat up by me just now" she whispers trying to reassure me. god how embarrassing that would've been if he had seen me.

"y/n, you okay? you always win" yuji says concerned. "HEY! I HAVE WON A COUPLE OF TIMES!!" nobara says walking over to him to which i playfully hold her back. "this is your first time winning" megumi says.

"hey, nobara is a total badass! she beats me when you guys aren't around. she's so powerful when she's in her zone. i totally admire her!" i say proudly while nobara smirks at the praise. "you hear that? i'm amazing!" nobara says crossing her arms.

"no you're not" mai chuckles as she walks towards us. "huh? who are you to tell me that i'm not amazing" nobara snaps back walking up her and getting all close and personal. "don't get close to me" mai responds back and shoves her.

"hey hey hey, shoving her wasn't nice of you mai, back off" yuji says getting in the middle of them. "shut up. but at least you're not as bad as y/n over there" mai says, eyeing me with a chilling stare.

"okay mai, say all you want about me but don't drag y/n into this. she's incredibly strong and doesn't need someone who's a grade lower than her to say anything negative about her" nobara says.

"oh shit" megumi spoke. "YOU TELL HER NOBARA" yuji yells throwing his fist in the air accidentally hitting her shoulder since he forgot that he's still in between them.

"whatever, at least inumaki thinks i'm good" she smirks causing my expression to change. that's when i felt megumi put a hand on my shoulder. "don't let her get to you." he whispers. does he know?? perhaps. nobara did tell me that i make it painfully obvious.

i don't speak. i don't know what to say. more like, i don't want to say anything. she walks up to me and lightly pushes megumi to the side so he wouldn't hear what she had to say to me.

"i've been seeing you get closer with inumaki lately. i'd suggest that you stop. he'd never like someone like you. he'd be better off with me, and you know that more than anyone" she whispers in my ear, making my eyes widen.

this wasn't the first time that she's treated me like this. i try to get used to it, but i can't. it hurts more each time that she does. maybe, she actually is right. could i ever be capable of making inumaki happy?

without saying another word, i walk away and head to my dorm to let the tears that i've been holding in out. "come to me when you're ready to tell me what happened" i say in my head as i read the text that nobara sent me. later that night, i stayed in my dorm crying into my pillow nonstop until i drift off to sleep.

||turning this into two parts since it started to get long🤕