Being beautiful is not always a good thing.

Hi my name is Ella Joanna Whitlock. I'm 17 and live in the West with my father in a cabin located in a War camp.

I've lived here for a year now along with my pervert tutor who's always trying to touch me when my father is not around.

The curse of being beautiful.

My mother always said is was a blessing to have my beauty but she didn't think about all the men I would have to fight off along with the attention.

Especially since I'm the only girl here.

But let's not talk about that, lets start with my birth.

I was born July 28th at two in the morning. My mother was alone the whole time since my father was away at war.

She had me in the woods next to a fire.

She would tell me the story and how a Indian lady helped her give birth, leaving before she woke up. She left me next to her in a fur blanket with a woven necklace. When I was 6 she gave it to me but made sure I knew to hide it whenever my father came home. He hated them and thought they were uncivilized.

My mother had raised me to know  they were also people and to treat them like everyone else, Just because they were different from us didn't mean they weren't human.

When she died part of me died with her, I was only ten when she died from small poxs.

It broke my heart watching her slowly die in that bed. I just wish I could have seen her before she passed but no one would let me see her. All I had left of her was her wedding ring that I made into a necklace.

 They moved me from our house into a smaller one in the East. That's when my father hired a nanny who took care of me until I was 16 and then he decided i was old enough to care for myself.

And then, they came into my life. A man and horse who changed everything I believed in....Who taught me love in such a unexpected way.

Which leaves my story right about....here.....

"What is 69-45÷7×0?" He wrote along the board. I sighed at the answer. "69, professor." He grinned at me like a wildcat as if I just said yes to him sleeping with me. "Your such a smart girl." He smiled walking my way. "Thank you kindly professor." He picked up a piece of my hair grinning. "Please Ms.Ella. We've known each other for a few months now. Call me Edmond." As he leans closer to me  I stand up quickly moving closer to the door.

"I rather not, my Father wouldn't like it." I look at the clock and grin. Finally a excuse to leave this room! "Daddy's gonna be home soon and I need to prepare his lunch. If you'll excuse me."  I open the door quickly shutting it leaning against the door. Thank you God! I smile up at the ceiling.

I went to the kitchen grabbing the tea off the stove slowly pouring it into the cup.

Bang!

"Ahhh!?" I screamed dropping the cup scared by the noise. I went straight to the window to see who fired there gun like a idiot.

And then I saw him... The most beautiful brown horse that almost looked golden when the sun hit his coat just right. I saw my father on his horse, gun in the air looking right at the horse. I frowned quickly heading outside to see what had happened.

My father was now up close holding a broken whip. "Induct this animal Sargent." He grinned at the poor horse. I frowned watching the horse fight against his ropes.

"Ella!" I flinched looking away from the horse. "Yes father?"

He threw the whip to me, I caught it in one hand holding it close to me. "Dispose of this."