Rescue me

"Ella!" Annie yelled coming into my room. "Hurry dear, pack your things, were under attack!" I frowned at her getting out of bed. "What do you mean Annie?"

"Our enemy has decided to attack homebase! Your father has a horse waiting for you in the back along with a guard!" She had started throwing some of my things in a bag and then handed me a winter dress with a coat to go over it. "Hurry Dear, before they capture us!" she rushed to me helping me finish dressing. She handed me shoes to slip on and then a gun.

I froze looking at the weapon in my hand. "You'll need it, in case they follow you." She pulled me along with her through the hall. "But you're coming with me, right?"

She ignored me checking around the hall before running with me.

"Annie"" I frowned trying to keep up with her as she pulled me with her through the maze of hallways.

We reached outside where I saw a man on a horse and one single white horse next to him. "Quickly, get on." she urged me. I frowned holding her hands. "You're coming with me, right?" I asked her looking into her eyes. Her eyes watered and she pulled me into a tight hug. "Take care of yourself, don't stop riding until you make it to the next town over." When she pulled back, we both saw each other crying. "Thank you for everything Annie...." She smiled at me. " No, thank you..." she whispered back before leaving inside the fort.

"Quickly ma'am, we need to head out." The guard called to me.

I went to the horse trying to get on but struggled with my belly in the way. "Here, let me help." He hoped off his horse coming to my side giving me an extra hand up. When I went to thank him, I saw his face a smiled tears threatening my eyes.

"Nathan ...."

He smiled at me helping me all the way on. "Hello Ms.Ella." he whispered before patting the horse. He got back on his and looked at his mother. "Get to safety, I'll have one of my men find you." Annie smiled nodding her head. "God's speed." She whispered to us before heading back inside.

"Ready?" He asked me. I nodded giving my horse a soft kick to his side. I rode behind Nathan following him to we're ever he was leading me, hopefully far, far away from her.

Bam!

I ducked my head hearing a gun go off behind me. I turned my head seeing Edmond.

That's bastard had managed to find me! "Nathan! It's Edmond!" I called up to him. He looked back quickly frowning.

He took out his gun stopping. "Ride ahead, I'll take care of him." I nodded my head riding straight ahead.

I had said about six prayers in the past twenty minutes hopping he'd help me get out of here. All these sounds of gunfire had my head hurting, I couldn't tell who was we're and which gun going off was Nathan's.

I made it to a river when a shot fired straight at my horse taking him down dropping me to the floor. I held my stomach in pain feeling a sharp stab all along my lower belly and back.

"Nice shot." I heard in front of me. I looked up and felt the color drain from my face. "You bastard!" I growled as he hopped off his horse. I saw blood on his forehead and arm. Nathan got one good shot in. "Where's Nathan!" I growled. Edmond chuckled coming towards me. "Somewhere in the snow dying. " He chuckled. He looked me over licking his bottom lip.
"Still as young and beautiful since I first met you. Pregnancy helped you bloom." He grinned at me making me feel sick to my stomach.

I remembered my gun hiding in my dress from Annie. I had to play this smart and move my hand there without trigging Edmond.

"Why are you still trying to wed me? I'm pregnant with another man's baby and your still so desperate to marry me to you?"

He smiled taking a few more steps to me. "I just see you as used property, those children inside of you will easily be taken away to a orphanage we're it will live a horrible life alone. And you, will leave in a nice white house with our five children doing a task of a loyal wife. " I frowned at his words. As if I would even let him near me baby! "You have a lot of nerve Edmond...it's a good thing today will be your last..." He frowned at my words. Before he could ask a what I fired my gun at him. Right into his left leg taking him down.

I held my stomach painfully standing up. I wobbled over to him firing another shot in his right leg. His yell making me smile. "You fucked with the wrong women. And I'm putting a end to you and your disgusting ways right now!"

His eyes went wide as I pointed at his head shooting him. His blood splattering over my dress. I smiled tears pouring down my face. I felt another sharp pain in my stomach. I groaned holding my stomach dropping to the floor. It was too soon, I was only six months. I wouldn't be seven until the next week. Even that was still to early, eight months was the safe delivery for me...

"Ella!" I heard in the distance. I looked up through my tear blurred eyes and saw a bloody Nathan. A bullet wound through his arm and a bloody forehead. He jumped from his horse looking at the body before coming to my side. "Nathan it's to early for me to have these babies!" I cried. He hugged me tightly helping me up. "It's okay Ella, we're going to get you help. I swear to you, your babies will live to see light." I nodded walking with him not being able to speak through the pain. I saw a single man behind him. "Get the cart, we're going have to make the journey quicker than I expected." The soldier nodded taking off.

"Breathe Ella, breathe...." He whispered to me. I nodded my head breathing in and out slowly. The wagon came and Nathan helped me in handing me a blanket. "Back to base, quick." Nathan called to his men.

I laid my head back watching as the snow fell. My mind on the life of my children....I counted slowly calming myself. I prayed hoping my babies would be alright.... Hopefully someone was watching over us....