Chapter 8

************* Recap*****

-Snap- A stick breaks behind me and my head whips around to see a black-raven colored wolf running towards me. I watched as it suddenly stopped its eyes continuing to stare into mine as if it was looking directly into my soul. I couldn’t look away from its electric blue eyes despite the fear that seemed to consume my entire being. The sound of bones breaking and snapping filled the air whilst the wolf began to growl. I felt my eyes widen even more as the wolf began to shake and slowly change until a human was crouching down in its place. There tanned back on display as they stood to their full height completely naked. “Mine!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*****Red's POV****

Whoa, he is so SEXY!

He should tottaly not wear clothes more often!

Wait a minute, why am i just now thinking this about Joe? Stupid mate bond.

"ROXANNE! WHY ARE YOU OUT HERE?! You're not sopost to be outside without a gaurd or someone I trust, you could get hurt. Quickly, get back to the pack hou-" A rustling sound was heard coming from a bush behind me, so I turned around, again, to see a rusty-red colored wolf seps out from behind it. Uh-oh, rouge. Joe automaticly starts to gowl at it and walks past me towards it. As he walks past me he gently pushes me behind him towards the house and says; "NOW, Red!. Go."

 There was a swooshing sound as his bones were breaking and snapping as he shifted into his black wolf. As soon as i took two steps backwards, fifteen to tweenty more rouges came to aid the other one. Luckly, about ten of ours came too. As they tear into eachother, I trun and start to run. Not towards the pack house but towards the woods. This was it, my only chance of excaping.

I hear gowls and snarls, and some grunts of pain, but it only makes me run faster. The need to get away from them was absolute. There was no way i could stay.. Even if he just tried to protect me, he still did... 'That' to me yesterday... But what if he got hurt..? 'No. Bad Red, he hurt you, don't worry about him. Stay away from him!' My inner voice said to me.  So I was running as fast as I could.

~^~^~ An hour and a half later ~^~^~

The leaves rustled in the wind. The sound of the river behind me. I was sitting aginst a tree in a meadow, i needed to rest. My legs were killing me. Off to the right side of me i see a shadow move. Jumping to my feet i sprint into the oppiset direction. I look back and see it's a dark figure that i can't quite set my eyes on. All I know is that it seemed to be hunting me. It wants me badly. I don't know why, I dont know if it was to murder me or what. But I do know it wasn't because of love. But before it could reach out and grab me an arrow flys through the air slicing through its neck, making a sloppy and wet noise.

"Red! What are you doing here?!"  Nikki drops down from a tree and the guys follow.

"Oh, hey guys. I..Uh. Went for a run.. And was taking a break, when that thing came after me."

We walk towards the body to find out it was a wolf.. A really deformed wolf. Its legs sticking out in odd angles and its fur had junk in it. The guys just grab the arrow and Nikki takes my arm and pulls me away.

"Come'on Red! You gotta see our new place! It's in the city... You can ride shot-gun!"

The boys start grumbaling and mumbling about it not being far, laughing i agree and get in.