ICU (Madison's lullabye)/Demi lovato

I didn't want those innocent eyes
To watch me fall from grace

Lila was playing with her dolls, I made sure that she couldn't see the bathroom door before I snuck off to get high in the bathroom.

Tried to protect you

I snuck off because I couldn't bear the thought of breaking the trust that Lila seemed to have for me, but instead of getting high that day, I flushed it all down the loo.

I want to direct you
To keep you from my mistakes

When Lila was 13, I suspected that she was depressed, as she's acting like I did when I was 13 and depressed, so I took her to a therapist as I didn't want her to turn to drugs because she didn't get the help she needed.

Yeah, I want to be the one
You look up to when you wanna run

It was quite hard to try and stay sober, but it was worth it to see Lila grow and actually remember seeing her grow up, plus I could actually help her with her problems.

I want you to see my face
Whenever you're feeling out of place

While getting sober was hard as shit to do, but it was so worth it to watch Lila grow up and become the best person that you could ever meet.

You can pick up the phone
If you're ever feeling scared and alone

I was making myself a coffee when my phone rang, I went to ignore it but I saw Lila's caller id on it, so I answered it, since I had this gut feeling.

"Hey Dad"
"Hey Baby, what's up?"
"You know that I've to the sleepover?"
"Yeah"
"Well, it turned out that there was a party involved and I wanna go home"
"Ok, you just tell me where you are, ok"
"Ok"

I'll be the one to
Tuck your hair behind your ear
Until you fall asleep

So we got home and Lila went to bed, I left her alone for a while as I didn't want to pry, because I had a feeling that it wasn't just the party that got her so upset.

Though about 30 minutes later, well I couldn't really leave her alone any longer, as I heard crying coming from her room.

"Baby"
"Yeah"
"Do you need to talk?"
"Will you be mad at me?"
"No Baby, I just want you to be ok"
"Well, some tried to, uh, well, sleep with me but I locked myself in bathroom until you got me"
"Am I ok to come in?"
"Yeah, can you tuck me in like you used to"
"Yeah Baby, I can"

I'll say a prayer and keep you near
You're always here with me

I wouldn't call myself a religious man, but I do thank God everyday for giving me Lila, as I don't what I'd do without her.

I promise, I'll be there
Don't worry

I would literally jump mountains for that girl, as she's the most important thing in my life, and she will always be the most important person to me.

'Cause I was blind but now I see
Clearly, I see you

When Lila was born, well I was in the height of my addiction to heroin, which meant that I probably missed out on important time with her, (not by not there, but by being high for it), it's probably one of my biggest regrets in life.

Sometimes, I can see myself in the little things you do

It was like 5 O'clock in the morning, I was just sitting on the couch, as you do, when Lila came in with the biggest blanket that we had in the house and I realised that I have done the exact same thing.

But I'm not afraid that you'll lose your way
'Cause I believe in you

It was a couple of days before Lila actually graduated from high school, you could tell that she was nervous about it.

"Hey Baby, what's up?"
"Do you think that I could do it?"
"Do what?"
"Become a lawyer?"
"I think that you could do whatever you put your mind to Baby"
"Thanks Dad"

You're gonna be the one
Who's strong enough, who can overcome
Anything in your way

It was the day that Lila graduated from high school, God I was so proud of her.

I look to you and you give me strength

Always my baby girl

Already know you're gonna change the world

And I will still be there to

Tuck your hair behind your ear

Until you fall asleep

I'll say a prayer and keep you near

You're always there with me

I promise, I'll be there

Don't worry

'Cause I was blind but now I see

Clearly, I see you

I see you I see you