18. The switch

"Alright, I'm gonna head to bed", Beomgyu said, stretching his arms as he stood up.

They were in Yeonjun's room.

All the members had gathered in the living room after work, played some games, and then when Taehyun and Kai retired to their respective rooms, Yeonjun invited Soobin over to check their fansites together... And Beomgyu, who was present at the moment, distractedly jumped into the invitation as well. So the three of them spent a couple of hours in the elder's room, holding casual conversation and interacting with their public online.

"Okay", Yeonjun answered nonchalantly from his reclining chair, and then casually looked at his laptop screen and added: "Oh, it's late! Can you close the door on the way out? We don't want to be noisy."

Soobin, who was very indifferently lying on Yeonjun's bed looking at his phone, made an active effort to keep his expression emotionless.

"Sure. Good night", the youngest of the three said while leaving the room, effectively closing the door behind him.

Soobin stayed frozen in bed, suddenly overcome with nervousness, his heart speeding his pace up with every second. He was now frowning while looking at his phone, with no intentions of turning his face to look at Yeonjun.

He heard the sound of a door closing, coming from the direction Beomgyu's room was.

Soobin's heart skipped a beat when his hyung left the chair and walked passed the bed to lock the door.

I guess he also was waiting to hear Beomgyu's door closing.

Yeonjun stayed there for a couple of seconds, hand still on the lock, foot softly tapping on the floor. Soobin gulped and held his breath, not moving a single muscle.

"Ssssssoooo...", Yeonjun finally said, turning around and sitting on the border of the bed, neither of them looking at the other.

The younger decided to break the tension.

"Don't tell me you're nervous", but his own voice was shaky.

Yeonjun chuckled, his laughter instantly making Soobin smile as well, relaxing a little bit.

"No way! Are you?"

"Nah, I know you're crazy about me."

"Funny you said that, since you thought I was in love with Beomgyu."

"Asshole."

They laughed together, and the sound of their synchronized voices made Soobin happier than he cared to admit.

"They may still be awake", Yeonjun mentioned.

"Yeah...", Soobin trailed.

"Are you sure about this?"

The younger understood him well enough to know that was not an indirect way of saying he wanted to stop, but a real question. He finally put his phone aside and turned over to look at Yeonjun, although from that angle he could only see his shoulders and nape.

"I am still scared as hell, but... I've given it some serious thought, I'm wondering...", his hand travelled slowly and steadily over the sheets until the tip of the fingers brushed against Yeonjun's palm on the bed, "Since we don't do anything but work... And we're investing our entire youth in being idols... And everything we do is monitored and arranged and tweaked to fit what the fans want... Since we're doing all of that, can't we just... Can we maybe have... this? Just for a moment, can we... Can I...?"

Be happy?

Soobin's hand reached for Yeonjun's sleeve, and the other answered by turning around and finally looking him in the eye. The taller boy blushed and held his breath once again.