Chapter 4 - Broken

Marinette awoke with a start to find that she wasn't in her cell anymore. Was she hallucinating? Because she found herself outside free in the wilderness. Then she saw Tikki coming towards her. 

"Tikki?" Marinette said in a faltering voice. 

"Marinette hold on, you are strong, and I know you can learn to control your gift." 

"Don't leave me." Marinette said tears springing up in her eyes. 

"I am always with you." She said and began to fade away. 

"No please don't leave me!" Marinette said tears now streaming down her cheeks. She fell to her knees and felt like she had lost Tikki all over again. 

All of a sudden, she felt someone shaking her and she opened her eyes again to find herself back in the real world. She was in a cold sweat and found herself laying on her stomach in a different room. She grabbed on to the hands that were shaking her and heaved them to the ground. Her eyes began to glow and the people in the room were nervous. 

"Calm down Marinette." She heard a familiar voice say from the side of the room. She saw Adrien standing against the wall sipping a drink. 

"Where am I? And what are you doing to me?" She asked. Someone landed a punch on her back that send her to the ground. 

"That's for throwing me!" Felix said bending over and pushing Marinette into the ground. Adrien just watched with no reaction at all. Marinette gasped and grabbed onto Felix again. She began to tackle him, and they went into a full-on fight. The people in the room were all watching now as the two dueled each other. Marinette landed a punch on Felix's face and he staggered back. 

"That all you got kitty cat?" She said winking and Felix charged her. Marinette dodged his punches, but Felix grabbed her arm and swung her over him and onto the ground. Marinette didn't expect the pain that came and winced feeling her bones hit the ground. 

Felix rolled up his sleeves and jumped on top of her. She dodged the first couple punches but one of them landed on her cheek and she groaned in pain. She pushed him off of her and yelled as she charged him punching his stomach. Felix moved back and grabbed Marinette wrists as she lunged at him. He lifted her up and then wrenched her arms behind her and brought her to the ground. Marinette grated her teeth and moaned as Felix dug his claws into her back. 

"That's enough Felix!" Adrien yelled. Felix laughed. 

"Getting soft Adrien?" He said pushing her harder towards the ground. 

"Maybe I am! But you won fair and square, so you'd better let her go now." Felix rolled his eyes. 

"I don't listen to you." 

"Then maybe you'll listen to father." Adrien said. Felix's eyes went wide when General Gabriel walked into the room. 

"Adrien, Felix, I need your help logging the damage that was done to the base during the attack." Felix climbed off of Marinette and walked over to Gabriel. Adrien glanced at Marinette and wanted to go help her, but he had duties to do. Gabriel, Felix, and Adrien left the room and Admiral Kubdel walked in. He pointed to Marinette then motioned for his men to move her. They picked her up and placed her on the chair. 

"That was quite the performance young lady." He said pulling up security footage of the fight that had just taken place. 

"Yeah well I had to put him in his place." 

"I think you need to learn your place little lady." Admiral Kubdel said pulling out a stick that sparked with lightning. She was tortured for a long while after then and Adrien could hear her screaming from his office. He couldn't bear to hear Marinette in pain any longer and begged to his father to make them stop.