Chapter 7 - Hawkmoth

Marinette didn't know what had gotten into her, but she walked straight towards where she thought the base was. It was a cold night and she shivered when the breeze blew against her. 

After a couple hours of walking she realized that she was going the wrong way. The forest was getting darker and she had no idea where she was. She stopped to drink and eat something and thought about whether she should go back. But she was resolved not to bother Alya and Nino anymore and continued. 

She reached a clearing of sorts that had a huge monument that she had never seen before. It was of a butterfly and was disturbing. She crept towards it and was stunned to see a huge black castle that was covered in vines. There was smoke all around the area and fog. Marinette held back the urge to cough as she got closer. 

"This must be the akuma base." She said to herself. All of a sudden, she heard a loud noise and ducked down on the ground. It was a car and two figures emerged. Marinette squinted to see who they were and was shocked when she saw the woman who had tagged her with the tracker earlier. She was standing by a man dressed in all black and he removed his hood revealing a rough face with a beard and shaggy hair. 

They seemed to be talking with each other and she almost forgot how much danger she was in when she began to listen in on their conversation. 

"You know I am loyal to you only Hawkmoth." Nathalie said. 

"Then why was that other kid there today?" 

"Oh, please I had to report to them as well to not blow my cover." She said. 

"And yet we still failed to recover the girl." He said. 

"Oh, you will have the girl. I will make sure of that." Nathalie said with a grin. Marinette began to realize her situation and started to back away when she tripped on a branch and upon hitting the ground plants automatically started growing. Nathalie and the man snapped their heads to the side seeing her. Immediately they ran up to her and before she could get up pinned her to the ground. Marinette was breathing hard and wasn't sure what to do and didn't move.

"This was unexpected but not unwelcome." He said, "You look tired young lady." He said placing his hand on her forehead and energy began to leave. 

"Please... I don't... have much left..." She stammered out. Her eye lids threatened to close, and she tried to force them open. Marinette coughed at the smoke that was in the area and her body began to get weaker. 

"I see you're too weak to do your energy blasts and I'd like to keep it that way." He said. He let go of her forehead and she tried to breathe easier. She still couldn't move with Nathalie and the other man holding her down. Hawkmoth pulled out ropes and tied her hands and feet together then he slumped her over his shoulder. 

They entered the base and Marinette took in her surroundings. Her eyes watered from the smell of the place and it was dark inside. She was shoved into a cage Marinette scowled at the man. 

"Okay whoever you are, whatever you want with me I won't give it to you!" She yelled. 

"I like your spirit young lady. It won't last for long though." He said. He punched her in the face and Marinette winced at the pain. 

"You can hurt me, but I still won't help you." She said. He was surprised at how strong she was and smiled. 

"We'll see about that." He said locking the cage and walking away. Marinette looked down at her feet that were tied and squirmed to free herself, but it was no use. Her face stung from the blow and she could taste blood from her mouth. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep.