Accept & Endure

It was already past midnight now and yet sleep seems to be far, far away from gracing his tired eyes with it's blissful presence. Taehyung sighed. This wasn't exactly how he pictured to spend the night. Of course not.
He was thinking about treating himself to some instant ramen or perhaps order a take-out, surrounded by the fluffiest of blankets as he watched some rom-com or horror movie in his newly acquired lavish 65 inch LED, full HD quality LG CX Oled for the rest of the night.

That was his initial plan at least.

Until a purple-haired and very worried slash angry man had came banging on his door before swiftly proceeding to catch up on his tiredness and the rest is history.

Speaking of the purple-haired angry man, Taehyung didn't know what to think of everything that has just took place just hours before. He didn't know what to make of Seokjin's concern and kind attitude towards him. He felt warm and good and very very confused. In his previous life, he wasn't really that used to being shown genuine concern or kindness to without it having an ulterior motive behind it. One of the major reasons he decided to pursue Psychology. To distinguish real emotions from any pretend, to distinguish genuine actions from fake and most importantly, to disentangle reality from the webs of illusion that was spun around him in order to mislead him. For all this and more, he required to identify people. Their motives, their emotions, their intentions and use them when the time called for it. Every act, every word, every fake smile and everything else, he analysed them all with sharp precision before using all this information later on when he seemed fit. He wasn't necessarily a fan of exploiting others' weaknesses against them but he had learnt early on in his previous life that most times, it was better being in control of situations than being controlled by it. And as such, he had always tried to scrape as much control as he had in his sick and painfully terminating life rather than letting his situation control the reigns of what was left of his life.

And what better way to assert control over your surrounding than controlling the people surrounding you. Wait, that came out all creepy and shit. No, what he meant to express was that he had, for half of his life, always been one to be commanded by authority. Always the one being dominated. So, when he actually found a way to turn the tables, he had found that the best way to get out of this oppressive dominance was to assert his own authority over others. To subtly get a hold of their ways about world, their secrets and have an accurate read on their personalities before completely and irrevocably dominating them. They may not be aware of it, but he was always there. Ever so subtly directing them without their own awareness. Always be the one in command.

Afterall knowledge for everything it was worth, was an invincible power if wielded to perfection.

So no, he wasn't any control freak in nature. Rather he liked reading people- which he found came natural to him as he was effectively one of the best in his field- and their characters for his own satisfaction of gaining a major influence on the direction of their own lives when his own was so close to it's termination.

And suffice to say, he had successfully been able to do so without a single fail since like forever.

Well until now, that is.

Now, he felt lost. Lost, confused and furious. Lost about his next course of action, confused about his emotions but most of all, angry at the world, the universe and all whom's responsible for this turn of his Fate. For taking away the last bits of freedom and control he had in his hands away from him, mercilessly.

Why gift him with a life when he was prepared to die all along?

Why give him the impression of being free when in the end, he was still bounded by a set of rules he didn't want to follow?!