▪︎The Beginning ▪︎

Unova...
Such a lovely region.

Although what happened in the past seems to plauge it's people to this day. No one could've known this would happen, and so it did.
But we're not focusing on the present now are we? No rather let's go back, and see it from a girl who experienced it. Although mostly from the sidelines she plays an important part.
----------------

"Malerie!" Someone yelled. "Breakfast is ready!"
"Sorry Mom!"

This here is Malerie, she's a Pokemon trainer.
This is a little bit farther back than when everything started occurring. As she's only around the age of 14 at this time.

"Don't forget Professor Juniper told you to stop by her lab today. I figure you're going to get your starter Pokemon." Her mother said to the sleepy girl walking down the stairs.
"Okay." She yawned rubbing her eyes.
"Have you decided which one you'll take?"

Malerie nodded, brushing a blonde strand of hair from her magenta eyes. "Yeah, but I'd rather keep it a secret untill I get back." A faint smile made it's way onto her lips.
"After all, dad did the same with you didn't he?"
Her mother let a smile appear on her lips.

Malerie's parents were both Pokemon trainers in their younger days. They were rivals of course, but ended up falling for each other. Neither of them went to fight the elite four, in fact her mother only got seven gym badges before she started to date Malerie's father.

Her father had picked Tepig knowing full well she would choose Oshawatt. But kept it a secret so she wouldn't scold him for it.

Her mother let out a happy sigh, remembering the happy memories.
"Well, after you eat... Why don't you go talk to Bianca and see how she's doing. And then head over to the professor's."
Malerie subtly nodded, taking a mental note of it.

------------
Bianca was a friend of Malerie's, although she was much younger.
As perviously mentioned, this is before the trainers started their journey.
Malerie was about nineteen when it all started.

But were getting ahead now aren't we, let's continue.

Malerie had already told Bianca about what starter she would choose. The two girls were close, so it only made sense she would know beforehand.

Bianca told her about a girl she had met, her name was Hilda. Malerie thought that was a bit of an odd name, but regardless told Bianca she would have to meet her one day.

Malerie headed twords Juniper's lab. She was excited yet she couldn't settle her nerves. After getting her starter she knew that she would go back home, grab her things, and head out. Of course she would say goodbye to parents.
She skipped a little bit on the way there. Hoping it would ease the boredom of walking alone.
She hummed a soft tune, and fixed the shoulder straps on her backpack. Soon fidgeting with her hair.

Kicking the occasional rock along the path, she eventually made it to the professor's lab. With a sigh of relief she entered the building.
Instantly recognizing the woman in front of her as Professor Juniper.
"Ah Malerie, glad you could make it." A soft smile graced the slightly older woman's face. Juniper had just recently become the professor. But she held lots of respect from the people of Unova.
"Yeah, thanks for inviting me... Care to explain?" She asked politely.
Juniper softly nodded and reveled three Pokeballs. Malerie smiled, she was correct.

"I think you're ready to start your journey as a trainer. Now I'll let you choose who you want as your starter Pokemon."

She threw out one, and out came a small Pokemon with a shell on the front of it's little chest. "Oshawatt, the water type Pokemon."
She threw out another, it was small as well but this time stood on four feet. It's small tail had a sphere on the end of it.
"Tepig, the fire type Pokemon."

She threw out the last one. It stood on two feet and had a bit of a glare. "Last Snivy, the grass type Pokemon."
Juniper straighted her lab coat before continuing. "I'll give you a moment to decide."

"Well professor, I already decided who I wasn't before I came here." Malerie formed a small smile.

She sat on her knees. "I choose-"
-------------------------

"Servine use vine whip!" The young trainer yelled, blinking at the pidove in front of them.

She had chosen Snivy as her starter. Her parents teased her a little bit about, saying she wanted to start her own route choosing the one Pokemon they didn't.
Maybe that was the reason, but Malerie herself wasn't to sure.

She didn't care to much about beating the gyms, rather staying with her Pokemon and having fun with them. Although she would battle other trainers, and wild Pokemon.

She was about eighteen at this point. And she looked like a young woman, but kept her childish spunk.

The wild Pokemon eventually ran away. She let out a soft sigh before taking out a potion to heal her Pokemon.
"Good job, you really have been getting stronger. I never doubted that."

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she viewed the forest around her.
Unova truly was a beautiful region. If anything the forest was somewhat like a second home for her.
Even if her mother protested telling her to stay in Pokemon centers or hotels.
She liked camping under the stars... It was calming.

She didn't have many Pokemon on her team, but the ones she had she loved dearly. She had no idea what she would do without them.

She had caught a Gothita about two years ago, and it had recently evolved into a Gothitelle.
And she had found an injured Liligant in one of the forest she was exploring.
She helped it out and it had decided to join her team.
The first pokemon she caught though was Audino. Those two were incredibly close. The two became friends some how. Even Servine was okay with the normal type.

She decided to head back into town, she figured to ease her mothers nerves she would stay in a Pokemon center. Her mother was right to be worried, she was still rather young. But she was old enough to understand what is going on with the world.
She heard some people's Pokemon were being taken. But that's something you hear about every now and then.

She wasn't quite expecting what would happen in about a year. After all no one really did, now did they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1095 Words