▪︎Argument in Mistralton▪︎

"What's this about not understanding-"

"Malerie, you clearly don't understand what I'm trying to do,"

"No- I completely understand! What you don't understand is how everyone else views it!"

Malerie rented a room in the Mistralton pokemon center. And it seemed that all these two would be doing was arguing.

"No, I see how they view everything! And it's wrong! They hurt their pokemon, and other people's pokemon, don't you see it's just a cycle of pain for the pokemon in this world?!" Malerie paused for a moment , she hadn't really thought of it like that but...

"You know, if pokemon didn't want to work with people they would've left already! Can't you see, some people actually care for their pokemon! And some pokemon care for the people around them!"

"I've heard this argument a million times Malerie! I can see that-"

"Well clearly you haven't let it sink in have you!?"

Malerie clenched her fist as her and N stared at each other, the tension was growing by the second, but neither one would respond.

"Look I get it..." Malerie finally spoke, anger laced her voice as she spoke, "You don't think Pokemon and People should be together, but one, you can't just go up to Professor Juniper, claim she's a horrible person and then just storm off. And two I think you should actually listen to me instead of deflecting everything I say-"

"I don't." "Yes you do."

"If you're going to say that then I might as well tell you the same thing." N's voice had a ring of anger to it, but his face never changed to reflect it, if Malerie hadn't been so angry to notice she probably would've found it unsettling.

"I still don't understand why I love you in the first place, you've pulled things like this before, just like the rest of Team Plasma and yet I can't bring myself to hate you!" She yelled, but as soon as if finished coming out of her mouth she paused ... that... that sounded awful. Her rage subsided for a moment as she thought about the words that had come pouring out.

She looked up at N who had a hurt look on his face, "N... I didn't-"

"It's fine..."

"N really-"

"Malerie! I said it's fine!"

"I promise I didn't mean that-! I was just so-"

"Angry, typical of a person, to lash out on someone else and say words you've been wanting so say, but never could before because you think you care about them..."

She reached for his arm, but he pulled himself back "I promise I didn't mean any of that, I don't even know why that came out." He didn't say anything.

She let out a sigh... great she made it even worse.

"N I promise you I love you, and I'm not lying about that I promise..." she whispered.

N ran his hands down his face then stared at Malerie with a blank expression. She couldn't bring herself to look at him much longer so she stared at the ground, "N... I'm going to leave for a little bit so that we can both calm down." She managed to lift her eyes long enough to meet his, "I'm not placing any blame on you... I just really need to think... I'll be back."

She took a step back, reaching for her bag on the bed, and grabbing Audino's Pokeball. "I love you..." she said quietly as she exited the room.

As soon as she exited she just started running, she wasn't sure where she was headed, she just ran...