▪︎Back Home▪︎

"It's been a while since I've been here." Malerie mumbled, looking around her home town.
She was currently 19, it had been a couple years since she began her journey. And by this time she was visiting home once again. She had heard rumors about this... organization, but she wasn't entirely sure if she believed it or not.

She also heard Bianca was starting her journey, despite her father not being to happy with that,along with her friends Cheren, and Hilda. She would probably meet up with them soon, and figured if she did they could travel together for a bit. As she traveled she decided to keep her Audino out. After all the two were very close, and she liked the company of her pokemon. It made traveling by herself less lonely.

As soon as she arrived reached her house she ran in. She told her parents she would be home soon, and she made sure they were the first to know she was there.
"Malerie! I'm in the kitchen." She heard her mother say, she was led by the smell of cookies to their regular sized kitchen. "Hey Mom!" She said, a wide smile on her face. Audino stood by her, looking at her mother pulling out some chocolate chip cookies.

"I made your favorite." Her mother said, placing the pan on the table.
"Thanks! Have you seen Bianca?"
Her mother responded with a nod. "Yes, but I think you should say hello to your father first." She chuckled. Malerie scratched the back of her neck. "I suppose you're right mom..." She chuckled softly.
She walked nto their living room to see her father, a grim expression on his face.
"Hey Dad I'm home." She said softly, following his gaze to the television.

"Team Plasma seems to be convincing people better off without their pokemon,were unsure of how to respond. They very well could be right, but it is unknown if their intentions seem to be for the better." A lady on screen said, adjusting the papers in her hand.

Her father turned off the t.v, and waved. His expression from before fading away.
"Hello Malerie, it's good to see you again." He said, a smile now on his face.
"Hey Dad, what was that about?" She pointed to the screen, a frown on her face.
He waved it off. "Nothing really, just this 'Team Plasma' I don't think we need to worry about them though." He responded.

Malerie shifted her eyes to the right. "Okay then, I'm gonna go find Bianca and her friends before heading off."
Her father nodded, and she exited the room. This Team Plasma confused her, why would they say we shouldn't have pokemon.

She shook her head, and walked out the door. Surprised to see three kids outside of it.
"Hey Malerie!" Bianca said happily, waving at her friend.
"Bianca! I was about to go looking for you." She said smiling.
"Well, we decided to come to you." Hilda replied, a smile appearing on her face.
"Well then, I suppose nows a good time to ask a question I have. Would you guys mind if I traveled with you for a bit?"
Bianca grinned. "It's fine with me! I'm sure my dad would like it better if you were with us." She replied.
Cheren nodded, and Hilda did the same.

"Great! Let me say goodbye to my parents and we'll get going." Malerie said, opening the door to her house once again.
"Mom, dad! I'm heading out with Bianca and her friends! I'll see you soon!"
Her mother walked to the door, a bag of cookies in her hand. "Take these with you, I know how much you like to snack." Her mom told her, handing her the plastic bag.
"Thanks Mom, I love you." She smiled, gave her a quick hug, and walked out of the door.

"Alright guys lets get going!" She said happily, and the group started walking.
"Say, Malerie? Have you heard of Team Plasma?" Cheren asked her, looking her in the eye.
Malerie nodded, and returned his gaze. "Unfortunately yes, I still don't know much about them though..." She responded, frowning slightly.

"Same with us, I've heard they were hosting 'rallies' in a way. But I haven't seen them in person." Hilda mentioned, crossing her arms.

They walked around a bit till they reached the Pokemon center in Accumula town. It was getting rather late at this point, and Malerie wanted to heal some of her pokemon. Just to be on the safe side.
Although she wasn't expecting to run Into the professor. "Malerie, it's good to see you again." She said, a smile making its way on her face.
"I was just about to show the children around the Pokemon center. I suppose it was pure luck that we met again."
Malerie smiled, and nodded.
"How's your Snivy doing? Although I figure by now she's evolved." Juniper asked.
"She's a Servine now, and I want you to meet one of my newer catches!" She moved slightly to the right to reveal Audino. The normal type waved and the professor.