Chapter 11

Following after Kana, I seen she was leading me far down a narrow hallway, the back of the house was no more luxurious than the front. I scoffed.

Kana must have heard me for she looked over her shoulder, eyes wide and kind. Her eyes were like ice, clear and sharp, never missing a beat. "I know this must seem grotesque to the Princess of the richest nation on earth." She said, her tone smooth and buttery, although cracked with age. " However, you will find that the people of the Southern Water Tribe are quite patriotic, don't let them hear you scoff at their city hall."

Kana stopped in front of a wooden door, it had veins of blue running through it, it was beautiful. I thought it was quite funny that the only beautiful thing incased in this ice block was a door. I said to Kana " They already hate me, were you not in the meeting? Before long, I'll be drowning at the bottom of the ocean" drawing a long breath and staring at the door.

"They just do not understand. I have seen many people suffer in the way that you are. You're spirit is at war with the ideals and trained ruthless that you have experienced . You, at your center Azula burn a bright blue flame. You are not orange, or red, you are unique." She said opening the door to my room, in side was a small bed pushed to the right side, there was no window in this room, as to be expected. What was not expected however, were the giant cascading waterfalls on the opposite wall to my bed. The water did not have anyway to come in as there was no hole in the roof, and now looking at it, no hole for it to drain.

"Is this room meant to be calming? Or is it to keep all fire away? If that's the case, I can switch rooms, if you are not all ready informed, Avatar dearest all ready took my bending." I said, going into the room and brushing my hand against falling water. It felt normal.

" This room is not meant for any such thing, this room is meant for healing. The water you are you touching is not from here" she said with all seriousness.

"Where is it from? The Earth Kingdom?" I asked with a small chuckle in my voice. I flicked the water off my fingers and turned to look back at Kana.

"The water you are touching is a gift from the Northern Water Tribe. The water is from the spirit oasis, you are touching spirit water" she said, a slight awe tone in her voice and eyes set dreamily on the water.

"If the water is so special, why keep it flowing? It will run out soon enough." I said, a grimace on my face as I surveyed the gushing water.

"The water is in this room is contained, Avatar Aang helped to ensure the water would stay in constant motion, aligning the center to the center of the moon. Aang made it very clear that the spirit of the moon would protect this room." Kana said, strolling into the room to step beside me.

My muscles tensed, not used to being so close to someone who I had just met. Kana touched the water and began moving her hands, light began to glow from within the water, as if it had a spark of fire within. Brighter and brighter it flowed as little droplets began hovering around the room like crystals. I reached out to touch one.

At first touch, the droplet sank into my skin, absorbing and glowing in the spot. What had Kana done to the water? I could feel something within me, the drop seemed to be moving throughout my whole body, my finger, my arm, my heart, my head. Once the droplet reached my head, the world became fuzzy. My eyesight going from reality to a memory. A memory that I wasn't sure if it was a memory. Father was there, I could see him, his crown beaming in the dark room. My arms felt tied to my sides, no moving, no amount of struggling could lift them. A light was moving around my head at blinding speed "you will serve me Azula" father said, the light moving faster and faster till my head was exploding at the sheer brightness of it. "You will obey me Azula" I couldn't take the pain, I was beyond the point of agony. "You are my slave Azula" I felt my dry tongue move, " I am your slave" I heard my own voice say.

The burning light stopped, the pain had stopped and I knew only one thing. To serve and obey my father. He smiled at me. An ugly grin, showing all of his teeth, his fire eyes glowing. I smiled back.
*************************************************

I woke up in the bed I had seen not to long ago, or perhaps decades ago. My head throbbed and my finger where I had touched the water droplet burned as though I had touched fire. I examined my finger, twisting and turning it, only to see the skin as unmarred as before.

I looked up from my finger to glare at the water. I would never experience that pain again. I will not subject myself to these fake memories of my father.

I rolled to the right side of the bed, my toes dangling off the side. I slowly slid my right foot down until it met a plush rug, then the left. I looked towards the door and back to the gushing water. One step towards the door, one look at the water, and so on. The water looked different in the dark, more menacing and deadly. Turning my head to look at the water once more I seen something move.

I froze, I didn't know if I should make a dash for the door, or to stay as still as death. The water was captivating as a figure could be seen through the water, slowly moving in a white dress. It was like looking into a pond. Seeing a distorted figure, it dancing across the ripples made.

Trickle, trickle, drop. The sound was a melody. Calling me in and promising peace. The woman came closer just as I moved without knowledge to the water. Then I saw it, my mother in the water, my mom staring back at me with Zuko's burn on her face. The extent of the injury was evident, as if it had happened only moments ago. The flesh melting and dripping, her eye bloody and white. Then she began screaming.

I grabbed my ears and rushed towards the door. Banging and screaming till my hands turned an angry red. I fell to my knees, putting my hands over my ears.

I didn't hear the door open. I didn't feel my mind shut down and my body go limp. All I heard, was mother's screaming.