Chapter 8

Dany managed a few hours sleep, heat uncharacteristically pressing down on them in the middle of the night. She tossed and turned, putting some distance between her and Drogo as she tried to find a cooler spot to sleep. He didn't budge, one arm flung over his face, the other reaching in her direction, reluctant to let her go, but still leaving her be. She reached over to touch his hand, and felt how much cooler his body felt. Panicking, she sat up, startling him awake.

"What?" he demanded, grabbing her by the arm.

"You're, you're . . . not hot," she finished lamely, not wanting to tell him that she thought he was dead. She clenched her empty hand into a fist to stop it from shaking.

"No," he chuckled, pleased she was able to speak to him and more pleased he could understand her stumbling Dothraki. "Not hot. Just you," he waggled his eyebrows at her in the dim flicker of candlelight. He pulled her close and sighed as he held her, feeling her trembling stop. "Feels good."

She sighed and curled up in his arms, feeling relief from the beating of his heart beneath her ear. She relaxed and let his body absorb some of her warmth, cooling her down a little. What a silly thing to think, she chastised herself, flinging a leg over both of his as she settled back down to sleep.

A funny tickle woke her in the pitch black of the tent. She was laying on her back, and Drogo was tracing one finger over her bump under the blankets. She smiled and relaxed as he touched her, but as his finger started moving upwards, trailing over her ribs, she began to giggle and squirm. "I knew you were awake," he said, his voice soft and teasing, and she realized she had given herself away somehow. She would never have guessed Drogo to be so gentle with her, let alone the tickling and teasing. She wished she could have known that on their wedding day, she knew she wouldn't have been nearly so terrified of him.

She shook her head. "No, she whispered. "Let our son sleep." She made to turn over, teasing him, but he just reached one large arm over her chest and held her still, answering her by pressing his erection into her side. "Not yet," he whispered back, and then claimed her mouth in a kiss that left her breathless and happy. She knew she was going to have to ask him to give Viserys back his horse, if not for his dignity, then for her own. I think I know how to soften him up a little; I need to take this chance, she thought. She pushed him back down on the bed, and made to straddle him, but knew another trick Doreah had taught her that she had yet to try. She scooted back, and wedged her kneeling form between his legs, and took him in her mouth before he could figure out where she was going or before she could lose her newfound courage.

A long stream of expletives left her husband's mouth as she did as Doreah had told her to do. She held his hips down to keep him from thrusting so hard up into her mouth, and his hands came down to her head, one holding her hair back and the other gently guiding her movements as he moaned and panted, a mixture of her name and fuck and some other words she didn't yet know, but wanted to. Ohhh, he likes this, she thought, encouraged. It did more for her self esteem than she could have imagined, and set her body afire. He is mine. She let go of his hip with one hand, bringing it down to hold him, and was soon caught up in the swirling delirium of his pleasure, keeping pace with his moving hips, losing track of time despite her aching jaw and tongue. Suddenly she dipped her head down, taking him as far down her throat as she could manage. He gave a shout, and yanked her hair back as he came, pushing her back as he spurted all over her chest and throat. She gasped in shock, not understanding or prepared for his reaction, nor his rough pull to her hair as he hauled her up his body to kiss her mouth. Ah, that's why, she thought, and laughed softly before extracting herself from him and finding a cloth to wipe herself off.

Returning to his arms immediately, she curled up and kissed his chest softly as he tried to catch his breath. He stroked her hair for a few minutes, not saying a word, and then placed a gentle kiss on her nose before laying back and falling asleep, sated and happy. His wife seemed to like him just fine these days.