The Reject and The Coward

(a/n: The story will officially start from this point onwards. I'll mostly be focusing on Deku's development as a quirkless hero, Katsuki's journey as All Might's successor, and of course their character dev)

*Katsuki P.O.V*

I was sweating, a lot. Like, even more than I usually do. I could probably have blown up Japan at that moment, if I wasn't preoccupied. That was probably because I was fighting for my life against a bastard who was trying to kill me and control my corpse.

*A few hours ago*

"...I could pass out some career aptitude tests.... But.... Why bother?", My teacher droned. "I know you all want to become heroes!", he exclaimed as he threw the forms in the air.

Seriously? He's not even going to provide a backup path for us. I hate to be mean to my classmates but some of them are not going to make it in the hero course. Oh Shit! He is so going to hate this!

(a/n: Italicized font is a persons thoughts)

"OI! TEACH! Don't lump me in with these idiots! The only one of you who isn't fucking below average is the blonde!", Dekuchan yelled.

That is Izuku Midoriya, my friend. Or, at least, he was.  You see, at the age of four, he discovered he was quirkless. That means he has no quirk, zero, zip, nada, completely 'normal' in this supernatural world. Before that he used to be nice, basically if you transformed a puppy into a human. However, he was bullied, every day, until the point where by the time he fought back, the old Izuku was gone. He was bitter and angry. So angry, he took it out on others (including me), he beat up his old bullies and became the king of the campus. He took the nickname 'Deku' as a way to rub it in to the bullies. He was strong enough to beat up anybody and smart enough to not leave any evidence behind. I just wish I was a good enough friend to stop the bullies. I want my old friend back.

(a/n: Picture from yuuuuu yu on Pinterest, I'll always do my best to give credit to the creators of the art)

"You extras would be lucky to end up as prison guards! You? Heroes? Don't fucking make me laugh!"

"You think you're better than us, you quirkless freak?!", one of the other students said.

"I know I'm better than you, you cactus-faced imbecile! I'm the only one here who even stands a shot at getting into Yuuei!"

"Yuuei! Don't they only have a 0.2% acceptance rate?"

"That's right! I got 100's on all the mock exams! And thanks to some loopholes in admission rules, I don't need a shitty quirk to get in!"

The teacher chose that moment to chime in. 

"That's right! Bakugo, didn't you put Yuuei as your first choice too?"

The classroom turned completely silent for half a second. I was bracing myself. If I just stayed quiet, maybe he would let me off I easily! .....Yeah, no.

He then broke his desk in half with his bare hands. That was the tenth desk this week. He was quirkless, but he would be damned if he wasn't strong.

"I BETTER HAVE HEARD THE GEEZER WRONG, YOU SHITTY NERD!" he said as he walked over to my desk. 

Seriously? The kid who'd gotten first in our grade in the nationals was calling me a 'shitty nerd'?

"Dekuchan! W-Well, I-I always wanted to be a h-hero! A-and I'm pretty good at fighting...."

"EVERY GREAT HERO IN THE WORLD HAS AN ORIGIN STORY! YOU KNOW THE ONE THING IN COMMON! EACH OF THOSE STORIES SHOWED THAT THEY WERE NOT COWARDS! LAST WEEK, YOU SAW A SPIDER AND BLEW UP HALF THE FUCKING CLASSROOM!" He grabbed me by the collar of my uniform.

I sighed under my breath. It was true. And it wasn't the first time me being scared has led to something like that. One time, the principal was intimidating me into studying more often because I'd failed a test, fast forward two seconds, aaaand that's how the entire school found out that the principal wears a toupee.

(a/n: I don't feel like writing the rest of the scene so I'm finished)

Word Count: 715