3

"Hello?" I whined out as I tried to stay awake.

"Did I wake you up?" a very perky voice asked.

"Mhm." I looked over at my alarm clock to see it read 11:30 a.m.

"It's almost noon and you're still in bed?"

"It's the weekend, of course, I'm still in bed," I said in an annoyed tone, then it dawned on me, I had no clue whatsoever as to who I was currently talking to.

"Wait who is this?" I asked, sitting up in bed.

"It's me, you know Mia," she said as she giggled at my sleepy confused state.

"Right," I said, rubbing my eyes, trying to get them to focus.

"Wait why are you calling me?"

"Good lord Alex, do you just not remember anything."

"Not when I wake up."

"We're getting together today for our art project, remember now?"

"Oooohhhh, yeah I totally forgot about that," I said causing her to laugh again.

"Do you still want to do this?"

"Yeah, when do you want to meet up?" I asked.

"Well now that you're up, how about I come pick you up and we can go get lunch then hit up the arts and crafts store?"

"Sure."

"Do you still live where you used to?"

"Yeah, the same place, there will be a black truck in the driveway."

"I'll let you know when I'm there," Mia said, hanging up before I could reply.

I quickly ran to the bathroom, did my morning business before I took a quick shower. I turned the water off in the shower, pulling back the shower curtain, I stepped out onto the rug, grabbing a towel as I started to dry myself, I walked into my room, picking out my outfit for today. After I was fully dressed, I checked my phone to see Mia hadn't called or texted me, I placed my phone in my back pocket of my jeans, I picked up my house keys and my wallet, before I walked out of my room and into the hallway.

I closed my bedroom door, as I tucked the keys into my front pocket. Opening my wallet to see how much money I had, I released a sigh of relief when I saw I had enough to cover today, it was bad enough that I was about to have to go wake Kevin up to let him know I was leaving, but adding me asking him for money wouldn't have been pretty.

I walked over to his door, lightly knocking on it before opening the door. Kevin looked to be half awake when I entered his room, he was leaning against the headboard to his bed, smoking a cigarette.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to let you know that Mia is about to come get me so we can get started on our project."

"Ok, do you need money?" Kevin asked.

"No, I have enough."

"Here, take this ten anyway."

Kevin picked up his wallet from the bedside table, pulling out a ten-dollar bill, before holding it out to me.

"It's ok, I have enough," I said.

"Just take the money, it's only ten bucks."

"No really it's ok, I have enough."

"I said take it," Kevin said, his voice coming out more stern than before.

I walked over to him, hesitantly taking the money from him.

"T-Thank you," I said, hating myself for stuttering.