𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 ⸺ 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.

˚ * .
*   *   .
⠀⠀·   

0456 standard hours. Year 7963 (14 BBY)
Stinger Mantis, Outer Rim.

VÆMAS.

⚡︎ ⁺. ◍ 。

    "𝓐 JOB WELL done, Knight Eason. I look forward to working with you and Knight Kestis again."

"Thank you, Senator Organa." Væmas smiled before bowing respectfully, concentrating all her energy into staying up.

The senator returned her smile before turning away towards his colleagues. Væmas then felt a presence behind her and turned around to see Hera, whose mind was a mix of sadness and resolution.

"I guess this is where our paths part." The young Twi'lek said, her green orbs almost shimmering. "Thank you, Væmas. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you and Cal."

Væmas smiled and the seconds later, Hera hugged her tightly, abandoning the formalities and politics for a moment. "Goodbye, Hera. If you need anything, come to me, okay?"

They pulled back and Hera nodded before they exchanged a smile and Hera exited the Mantis between the two senators. Væmas' glance followed them, part of her worried for Hera as she was her little sister.

Organa had given time to Cal and her to rest and treat their injuries before the next mission, and now that Væmas' stomach was full, all she wanted was to bandage her wounds and sleep for three days straight.

Retaining a yawn, she made her way to the room, distractingly wondering where Cal went. The answer presented itself when she entered the room and spotted him asleep on his bed, his face still covered in dust and cuts.

Letting out an amused sigh, she removed her jacket and threw it on her own bed before taking out the emergency kit and taking a look at herself in the mirror. The bridge of her nose was cut in half, a bruise covered her right cheek and her bottom lip was slightly open.

Pinching her lips, she looked down on her arms, which were covered in bruises and cuts, the worst one being on her right bicep.

Letting herself fall on the stool, she managed to bandage her arm and treat most of the cuts, healing a few bruises.

Once she finished, she got in front of the mirror to wash her face with a piece of cloth, gasping when it reached her nose and lips. A movement made her glance sideways, Cal appearing behind her in the mirror. She lowered the cloth from her lips, her eyes meeting his in the reflection, before she turned to face him with silent interrogation. She should have stepped back upon realizing how close he was from her, but she didn't.

Without a word, he took the cloth from her hand and gently settled his free hand on her cheek, before wiping the blood from her lip, his eyes focused on his task. Væmas barely dared to breathe, her whole body paralyzed. She only reacted when his thumb came to brush against her lips, lingering there a second too late.

Her heart skipped a beat.

"Cal, stop."

She turned her head to the side, her eyelids closing, and took a step back while she still could, her chest rising and falling quickly. Too quickly.

Both his hands fell back at his side as he bit the inside of his cheek, slowly nodding as anger radiated in waves around him. But not against her.

Against himself.