𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 ⸺ 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥.

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ────────────
I apologize for the low quality of the picture above, I couldn't find a better one.

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆

1156 hours. Years 7963 (14 BBY.)
Imperial Security Complex, Raada.

VÆMAS.

⠀⠀ ⚡︎ ⁺.  ◍ 。 ⠀

               𝓣HE WORDS WERE taunting her. Devious snakes of dark ink, blurring and deforming in front of her eyes. Every other sound faded out, until she was left alone. With the truth she did not want to see. With those two little words, seemingly innocent, who just caused her world to fall apart.

Someone grabbed her by the shoulders, forced her to look away from the console. That same person shouted at her, but she couldn't remember who it was. She couldn't even remember who she was. Then, a voice slipped past her weakened mental shields, and screamed her name.

"VÆMAS!"

The shout sent a shudder like an electric current through her body, making her regain enough senses to see and hear her surroundings again. She blinked several times at Ahsoka's panicked face as the Togruta shook her by the shoulders. She then heard BD's panicked thrills, the continuous hiss produced by the sparkles flying from the door, and finally felt the presence of the stormtroopers behind it.

"We have to go, now!" Ahsoka shouted like she'd said that a dozen times already. "They're almost through!"

Væmas nodded, unable to formulate a comprehensible sentence. The logical part of her brain integrated the information she was just given. They had to escape the compound, and fast. That she could do. That she could focus on, if only not to think about what she would do after, when they would be no stormtrooper left to fight and she would be stuck with her own thoughts.

"Væmas, did you hear me? I need you to push the door on my signal, and I'll cover you and Kaeden!"

Væmas nodded again. All her limbs felt numb, like she had just been tazed. Yet she focused on the door, the sparkles now flew out from the top. She called out to the Force, a welcome sensation of coolness, and readied her hands, who seemed to weigh a thousand pounds.

"Now!"

At Ahsoka's signal, she sent a Force wave through the door, way weaker than it could have been, but strong enough to take a few stormtroopers along with it as it flew. Ashoka ignited her lightsabers and started deflecting shots, Væmas just standing there, letting her hands fall at her side.

"Take Kaeden!"

Væmas then noticed the presence of the other girl, or more so, felt the wave of pain radiating out of her. Broken arm. She remembered, somehow managing to advance to where she was seated, flickering between consciousness and unconsciousness. Kaeden was slim, but at that moment, it was like she weighed a ton. All Væmas could do was keeping her arm fixed on Ahsoka's back lekku as she forced away through the stormtrooper fire, her lightsabers twirling around at what must be impressive speed, given that Væmas could only make out flashes of white and feeling the troopers' energy in the Force fade away one by one. Ahsoka shouted something that Væmas didn't pick up, tightening her grip on Kaeden's arm who barely even stumbled forward now.

When a breeze came to brush Væmas' face, she distantly understood that they had reached the exit. And out there, was even more chaos.

Blaster fire fused from all sides, alarms blaring off so loud that the ringing came back in Væmas' ears, almost making her drop Kaeden. She forced herself to look up as two squads of troopers rushed towards them, blasters at the ready. Even Ahsoka, as skilled as she was, could not handle that many fire while covering Væmas and Kaeden. She had to help, had to snap out of this nauseous state she felt trapped it. She tried to swallow, but her mouth felt like it was filled with wool. Suddenly, a dark form jumped off a nearby roof and rolled swiftly to the ground before disappearing behind the squad. Only a few seconds later, heat flew in Væmas' face as the detonation send debris flying in every direction. Then the weight of Kaeden vanished from her shoulder.