𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 ⸺ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ────────────
Art by Tryingtofly on Deviantart!

˚ * .
⠀*   * ⋆   .
⠀⠀·    ⋆

0128 standard hours. Years 7963 (14 BBY.)
The Stinger Mantis, Duros Space Run.

VÆMAS.

⠀⠀ ⚡︎ ⁺. ◍ 。 ⠀

     "𝓗E'S ALIVE!"

Cere and Greez jerked their heads towards Væmas as she busted in the cockpit, taking irregular breaths in. The former jumped up from her seat. "What? How do you—are you sure?"

Væmas let herself fall on the co-pilot seat, her eyes focused on her hands, trying to organize the chaos inside her heads. "I—I felt him, felt his energy, he—I was meditating, and my Master—but I'm sure, I...he talked to me, and..."

"Woah, slow down, kid." Greez stood up from his pilot seat as well, crossing two of his four arms together. "You aren't makin' any sense, even less than you Jedi usually do."

Cere knelt in front of her, making Væmas raise her head towards her. Already, her mentor's dark eyes were filled with serene hope. "Væmas, calm down. Tell me exactly what happened."

Væmas breathed deeply and closed her eyes. She could still feel Cal, not as intensely as during her mediation, but he was there, like a steady pulse around her. "I was meditating, and I saw Master Plo. We spoke, and then...it was like he lent some of his energy to me to extend my powers. I could not only feel the energies here on the ship, but...those on hundreds of planets. Including Cal's, but...he's far away."

Cere rose to her feet slowly, stroking her hand with her chin. "Interesting. Force energy transfers are not that rare between two living beings, but with a Force spirit...I have never heard of such a thing before."

Væmas' eyes followed her as she stood as well. "We have to find him!"

Then, after the look Cere and Greez exchanged, she remembered. The mission. Like Organa said. People were counting on them, on her. She could not just abandon these innocent children to save a single life. She then sat back down slowly as Cere started to speak. "I know. I know we can't abandon our mission. And I—I tried to send him images of Naboo, so he can find us instead."

She was not sure if she even believed her own words, but at the moment, it was the best alternative. She turned in her seat, facing the cerulean tunnel as the hyperdrive started blinking, sign that they were almost there. Cere and Greez sat back down without another word, the Latero preparing for landing.

At least this mission is not on a deserted moon or a planet full of witches. Was the first thought that crossed her mind as they approached Naboo, said to be one of the most beautiful planets in the galaxy, and home of the late Senator Padme Amidala, who was an influential voice in the Senate and a known friend of many Jedi in the Order before she died in mysterious circumstances at the end of the Clone Wars.

The coordinates given by Organa had them landing outside the city of Mœnia, where the next child to be taken supposedly was. The trick was to get there before the Inquisitor did. Væmas shivered at the thought of the black figure back on the Star Destroyer, against which Cal had fought to allow them to escape.

She suddenly realized that she had no idea whether Cal was still captive of the Empire or had escaped. All she knew was that he was still alive. She sent him her destination in hopes he could find her, but maybe he was injured, or...