The stork in the storm pt. 1

Alright! Here's the last of my personal writings before I finally get to requests! Hoo boy this one took me a lot longer than expected but at least it came out good! (Sorry for the wait btw)

This thing is less 'oneshot' and more 'short story' because this thing took up 42 pages in google docs, but it's my book and I do what I want.

Ship: Nellis (Nick x Ellis)

Warnings (Not all of these are triggers): Pregnancy, miscarriage (believed, but not true), abortion (mentioned but doesn't happen), smut, death in childbirth (mentioned), violence (mentioned), periods (mentioned)

~~~

Nick let out a hiss of pain through gritted teeth. He hadn't felt this bad in a while. His knees and spine ached to hell and back, feet sore. Goddamnit. Why the hell did it have to be the end of fucking winter? All this supply carrying wasn't helping. Nick grunted, straightening his shoulders and trailing after Rochelle, not wanting to fall back too far.

"Hey!" Coach yelled, "I see a couple of campers up ahead! They look barricaded!"

Thank fucking god. Nick was sure his legs were going to give out soon. He and Ro came up to where Coach was standing, seeing two well kept camping campers.

Coach nodded, "These things'll hold up for a few days but we oughta find stronger shelter soon. I gotta feeling we're gonna get a visit from the snow queen by next week."

"I call this one!" Rochelle said, pointing to the bigger camper before running inside.

Coach laughed, shaking his head, "I guess y'all are sharing a bed tonight. Goodnight."

Nick nodded, already heading to the steps of his and Ellis' camper, "Thanks, Coach. Night."

Ellis was waiting for him inside, having already tugged his backpack off, and helped Nick up the steps. He shut the door and Nick was shocked to realize that the camper was, in fact, heated.

Nick sighed, "Hallelujah."

Ellis laughed, "You need help?"

"Yes please."

Ellis helped him shed his heavy backpack before Nick shooed him off. Nick pulled his beanie from his head, followed by his thick gloves and scarf, skin feeling sticky. He tore his first coat off, the one full of bullets, the worst offender to his pain. His second, thinner coat went next, before Nick aimed for his shoes. Nick grunted, he couldn't reach them. Tits. He frowned up at the chuckling Ellis, who was now down to a few layers and his hat.

"Y-"

Nick cut him off, swinging his leg up onto the table with a loud thud, "Deal with it."

Ellis laughed, untying Nick's boots and tugging them off his feet, taking his socks for good measure. Nick sighed when his overheated, swollen, aching feet met the cool tile. He let his snow pants drop, leaving him in a pair of sweats with leggings underneath. Nick made his way over to the alcove that held a nice big bed. He removed his giant hoodie, the big sweater he adored, and his flannel, balling them up, exposing what caused his aches and pains.

Nick laid down with a groan tugging up the giant t-shirt and 2 undershirts over his swollen gut. He ran his hand over his belly settling the powerful kicks of the baby- a boy, his instincts said. Ellis sat on the edge of the bed, taking his hand and kissing his knuckles. He ran a calloused palm over the furry bump, a soft, adoring, sheen in his eyes, before leaning down and kissing it.

Nick felt the baby kick and laughed, "He's trying to kiss you back."

Ellis smiled, glancing at him before addressing the baby- who he insisted was a girl, "Aw, sweetheart, you ain't even out yet and you wanna give me love. You gotta have a little more patience, pumpkin, you only got a few more weeks to go at most! When you're born, you can give me all the love in the world, daddy's promise."